43 days in flower. How close until harvest?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Ignisol, Jan 14, 2021.

1. 43 days into flower now, bought a little jewelers eye to see trichromes. Hard to tell, I think some look amber, but not sure if it's lighting or not. I already started flushing with just plain water last few watering sessions. Don't want to harvest to early and lose out on potential growth. And don't want to overshoot it either. What you guys think? Thanks for the advice.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Wow looking frosty. Nice buds. Should be done soon. Looks like they're in the last week or two of bulking/maturing

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks!

4. Id let em fade a bit more. Hows the trich look.

5. Mostly milky, see a few amber ones here and there. Do people like 50% milky/amber?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Its hard to over shoot it. Id let em fade a little more. How long the lights been on flower.

7. This will help ya. But I would say 7 to 10 days yet. 20190922_085342.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. Beautiful. Is that auto or photo? What strain?

9. Photo for sure, and not sure of the strain, just random bag seed. =)

10. Day 55. How does she look? I'm not sure how close to harvest I am. I do see a few amber heads, but buds still seem to be getting fatter by the day.

20210124_034447.jpg 20210124_204027.jpg 20210124_204027.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  11. Beautiful! But I'd say most trichomes are still pretty clear.

What microscope are you using?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. It's a $20 jeweler loupe off Amazon. It has a 20x and 60x zoom. I just used my phone to look through it and capture the pic.

• Like Like x 1
  13. its close a week or so the pistols have turned color and curled thats my sign to grab the microscope

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yeah they have to be done within a week or so
    Beautiful. You've outdone yourself!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  15. I would prolly want to chop based on trichs (for my taste), but if she's still swelling, I would give her a few days. That final swell is where a lot of your bulk is. I would chop as soon as it slows. She has filled out nicely and may yet have a bit more to give. Well done.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Thanks everyone for the nice comments! I'll make sure to document the harvest and let everyone know the dry weight of my first grow! Can't wait to smoke something I've grown myself. And she looks and smells so good!

17. No flower more satisfying than that which you grow yourself...and yours have the bonus of also looking like some decent buds. Have seen some rough first efforts (including a couple plants in my own), but always enjoyed the fruits of my own efforts way more than the “man’s” weed. Cheers