420 slushie cup rig

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Madde47, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Hey guys has anyone tried one of these rigs out ??? Would of loved a hit man piece but $800 is out of my league. Any experience with it welcomed

Cheers happy smoking

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. No I have never tried a slushie cup rig. Sounds like something Abu would make in the Simpsons.

3. A picture would be nice.

4. If your talking about a grav labs. Don't do it. Grav Labs is just China glass with a label. Grav ice cup is almost 200. Dhgate has knock offs for 30 shipped. If your already gonna go off brand might as well go cheap, as possible.

5. Are you referring to the grav labs icee or the evol dabbucino?

6. i tried one about 2-3 dabs worth and wasnt that exciting to me...yes the cup feels nice in your hands but found it did nothing for the hit....a recyler functioned much better and offers more imo.

7. Grav Labs makes great high-quality glass. I have a bong from them that has been dropped many times, and has never even gotten a ding. Hits real smooth too. Dhgate is where the chinese glass is my friend.

8. If you want an actual slop cup rig, hit up alt.

9. I Googled it for everyone as confused as me

[​IMG]

10. What a concept rip off lol

11. I have to agree. Especially because I know mine was handblown in Austin. It's most definitely not cheap China glass. Very heavy solid 5mm thickness and the ice pinches aren't just poked in walls of the bong, it's a solid glass all the way around and on the ouside the walls aren't dented in. The downstem slits are also flame polished. No China glass in my local headshop even compares.

12. Lol at everyone thinking grav labs isn't China glass with a lable

13. If you have ever owned an ORIGINAL grav labs piece( I HAVE 5 PCS.), it is easy to identify a bogus Chinese ripoff. I have even seen fake grav lab pieces that are not even offered by grav lab. That said..don't diss grav labs! Its not their fault they produce high quality glass pieces that are counterfeited!

14. Grav labs openly admits to outsourcing its manufacturing to china. But unlike most glass out of china grav lab still uses quality glass and actually anneal their glass. They just like cheap labor.

15. That's $800?! Are you guys shittin' me? :laughing:

And am I the only one who thinks that little thing looks top heavy as fuck?

16. your pieces wasnt blow in austin, it was assembled in austin buddy boy. grav labs buys tubes and joints from china, ships them to the US, attaches the joints to the tubes, and then claims they are locally blown. grav labs = china glass with good marketing. 

17. I still don't mind it being assembled here. At least they're buying quality glass and doing the work right and doing it in the US.

If you think my Grav Labs is straight up the equal to DHgate garbage, I can definitely tell you I can swing my bong and literally hit baseballs with it.

I dare you to try that with a $100 china special. So yeah if you're so concerned about the idealogical purity of your glass, yeah my Grav Labs bong sucks. But in terms of quality and utility, it's as good a quality as I need and then some.

18. #18 MochaBearBlazed, Apr 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2015
    i dont respect grav labs, any other china glass, or those that knowingly buy it because they are spitting in the face of real local glass blowers and companies that sell true USA made glass pipes, the fact they are usually thin trash is just another reason. 

EDIT: not to mention the terrible working conditions the people making those pieces work in

19. Uh mine was made by real local Texan glass blowers. Why does it concern you so much where the raw material comes from?

Can you tell me if every one of your cars you've ever owned in your life was American? I can tell you mine have been. And I can also tell you that all those cars are made from parts sourced from all over the world.

So the point of maintaining an ideological purity for your bong is hypocritical and doesn't make sense if you don't also apply it to all the other important purchases in your life.

Fact is an American blew this bong by himself, I don't care if he buys raw glass from Mexico or China. This is as American as any American car.

20. #20 MochaBearBlazed, Apr 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2015
    [quote name="Mr_Krabs" post="21552838" timestamp="1429137665"]Uh mine was made by real local Texan glass blowers. Why does it concern you so much where the raw material comes from?

Can you tell me if every one of your cars you've ever owned in your life was American? I can tell you mine have been. And I can also tell you that all those cars are made from parts sourced from all over the world.

So the point of maintaining an ideological purity for your bong is hypocritical and doesn't make sense if you don't also apply it to all the other important purchases in your life.

Fact is an American blew this bong by himself, I don't care if he buys raw glass from Mexico or China. This is as American as any American car.[/
    quote]

tbh I don't give 2 shits about car companies, because they are massive companies, not a small business usually consisting of only one person. And this is coming from a guy in Michigan where cars support a huge chuck of our economy. I seriously couldn't give 2 shits, not to mention there's a large amount of foreign cars that are better made then the American counter part. My qualms are with people that don't get when you buy china glass instead of a local piece you are more or less taking money from just a dude, not a company. And unless your buying a German RooR or something from yoshinorikando( look him up) you are giving money to a company that cares nothing about the culture, the customer, or the quality of the pieces they produce.

Not to mention we arnt talking raw glass here( which is usually of lower quality if it's Chinese made, just not as thick or even as it should be) we are talking about tubes with perks already in them and joints that are ready to go. All they do is attach the two state side and call it a US piece, maybe 10-15 minutes of work on a 4+ hour piece does not make it US made.

When you buy china glass you are supporting companies that steal the ideas of glass blowers and undercut them to sell pieces, like the 35 dollar fab eggs on dhgate. That's a 1000 dollar piece depending on who made it and if you want one, pay the thousand.