420 Science container - smell of weed coming out??

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by v3rt, Apr 21, 2013.

1. I purchased this 420 science container

Medium UV Screw-Top 420 Jar

I put some really strong smelling weed in it, but I was under the impression that this jar would hold in the smell, but it is not. I have it in a draw and whenever I open it up the weed smell coming out of it is outta control. Has anyone else who has these containers experience this??

2. i have a medium UV screw top, i also have a medium & an extra small pop-top, no smell problems with any of them. i would definitely notice because they're all stored right next to each other and there's zero smell until you open one of them up.

maybe you have a bad lid seal or something?

3. The weed smell is very strong to begin with. I find with the screw top that if I did it up too tight it feels like the jar could crack? Do you like the pop lids better? Looking at both options now I think the pop lid sounds like a better option / more airtight / less smelly

4. i screw the screw top on until it wont go on any further, the lid has a very positive feel to it you should be able to tell when its tight enough....

personally i feel like the uv jars are more airtight than the pop tops.

5. It's called a mason jar. Use it.

6. mason jars are great, but they don't offer uv protection. my uv jar is the one that just sits out where ever in my house for daily use, my clear jar is where the bulk gets kept in a cool dark place.

7. you ain't going to have many UV rays in your bedroom mate unless your missing a roof.

Mason Jar, kept somewhere cool n dark, makes your smoke taste even better too.

8. You don't need a UV jar unless its outside in the sunlight a lot

9. I only got the UV jar because it's dark and it hides the weed if someone was to see the jar in my draw or something. The problem being that smell is ceeping out of it, which makes me think either the weed is super strong smelling (which it is) or the jar is fucked and broken

10. i don't know about you guys, but the inside of my house is DRENCHED in sunlight/uv rays all day long from sunrise to sunset. i greatly enjoy natural light so my curtains stay open until the sun goes down and i don't use artificial light until it's absolutely needed.

11. Wrap electrical tape around a mason jar. Done.

12. Ive just come to the conclusion this is the strongest dank weed I have ever been in contact with in my life. I also chopped up abit and did it in a mini container and the stuff isnt even in it anymore and I cant get rid of the smell!!!

How do you get rid of the smell?

13. you don't. i have pill bottles i stopped putting nugs in about 3 months ago, they still smell like there's fresh nug in them right now.

14. So there is absloutley no way to get rid of the weed smell from containers then?

15. with glass jars, you could try 91% iso alcohol. just pour some in, swish it around, dump out and wash with warm soapy water after. gonna be the cleanest you'll get it..

16. Iso will NOT work.
    Soap will NOT work.
    Soaking the jar in vinegar over night WILL WORK!
    I used to have a Mason jar that smelled like a weed rainbow because it was an old Jesus jar. Well one day my mom came into my room and told me it smelled like weed. I didn't have any weed in my room. Only that closed jar. My mom decided to be cool and soaked the jar in vinegar for me. The smell went away completely and I didn't get in trouble. That was one of the happier times of my childhood sadly.

17. i keep my stuff in a mason jar that has a thick garbage bag stretch on it covering the whole jar and not the opening. it works fina and cost less than 2 dollars

18. I'm imagining a childhood that's sad as phuck. =(

A wise philosopher once said,
    I know you don't smoke weed, I know this; but I'm gonna get you high today, 'cause it's Friday; you ain't got no job... and you ain't got shit to do.

Smoke on, my niqqa. :smoke: :wave:

19. Use mason jars, but still after a while, smell will eventually permeate through almost anything. I can smell a little bit of weed near my mason jars, even if they are closed. If you're super concerned about the odor, then don't touch the jar after touching the bud, just put the weed in, cover your hands and cover the jar, because the odor sticks to you as well.

20. Thanks guys. The advice with the vinegar actually works. I soaked it overnight with vinegar and then threw it in the dishwasher afterwards and the smell is pretty much gone now:D