420 National American Holiday once legalized

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by hchris420, Jun 30, 2011.

1. ok So when the legalization of marijuana has passed is it possiible that america could make 4/20 like a a national holiday. Sounds impossible but just given it a though. like easter,kwanza probly a bunch other but it is a religious holiday right? well some people use marijuana as a religous sacrament which could be a how. also the are deffinetly a bunch of goofy holidays like april fools,valintines day and even in alaska they have dogs day lol and u can fiind alot more .Public holidays in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    or i nother idea is states could make it legal state holiday. cause once it marijuana is legal probly it would be up to the states to legalize it or not
    and probly no dout california would .

just giving my thoughs out to the city:smoke::smoke::smoke:

2. Wouldn't happen. There is no day that celebrates alcohol, though every holiday includes people getting fucked up.

3. Not in the next 50 years. It would require at least 50% of the population regularly toking. I think even among members of this forum you would have trouble getting required support. I wouldn't get behind this idea at least.

4. How about St Patrick's Day? Do you honestly know-without Googling-what it's about, besides drinking?

5. It's about an English Saint named Patrick who is mistaken as an Irish saint, and since he's Irish, whose people are notorious for being drunkards, people decided that would be a day for drinking lots.

That still doesn't mean there should be a 'Bob Marley' day.

6. Everyday should be "Smoke weed day"

7. there actually is a holiday for drinking and its actually a couple of days long its called Oktoberfest.

Yeah you all know about that one.

8. Regardless, we're a long way off a national smoking holiday. But if it were to be made, it'd be on April 20th.

9. It is already a holiday to those who celebrate it, but will never be a national or federal holiday. They clearly seem reserved for signification days throughout American history/culture.

10. #10 floating_by, Jul 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2011
    Like National Secretaries Day? :D

Hate to sound like a square, but PROMOTION of usage of mind altering substances is a PROBLEM right now in our culture. Acceptance is one thing, but PROMOTING usage is not helpful. Alcohol billboards along the roads, all manner of TV ads, etc. I'd like to see ALL of that go away so that substances are condoned and not glamorized in any way. Gee, if they want to do something "for the kids," it's something they could have done long ago without jailing so many.

11. You have a good point, but I've always wondered what kindof commercials marijuana companies would come up with. :smoke:

12. The Best. :smoking: