42 is the answer to everything, and its '420' connection

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by NFloyd2357, Apr 4, 2010.

1. #1 NFloyd2357, Apr 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2010
    Ok, well i haven't posted one of those "i'm really high and i know this makes no sense" philosophies in a while, so i figure i can justify this one. Well, according to one of the most successful books in the galaxy, 42 is the answer, to life, the universe, and everything. We may not know the ultimate question, but we do know that 42 is the ultimate answer to everything. Well, i find it to be of no coincidence that 420 is a term commonly associated with marijuana and blazing. Many believe that 'herb is the healing of a nation,' etc, etc. However, the term 420 and its marijuana association, though its origins uncertain, was derived before the HHGTTG was ever written. Where is the connection? What is 42? What is the ultimate question? Because clearly, the ultimate answer is marijuana.

Discuss:smoking: (You might want to get extremely baked first)
    If you can't rationalize any of this, Don't Panic

2. wasn't 420 the standard selling price for an oz? (of course this has changed from time)

3. 4:20 was the time a bunch of kids would blaze back in the day.

4. its a rumor that that is how it all started. nobody really knows the true origins of 420 - but that is neither here nor there. Refer to original post:smoking:

5. You're all wrong its what you get when you multiply 9x6, duh! At least i think that's right, wheres a ti-83 when you need one.

6. yea, and paul mccartney said Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds wasn't about LSD but a picture drawn by his daughter - john lennon wrote it about lsd - even if he didn't, its perceived to be written about it by the masses, and perception is reality - plus its no fun to look at it that way. so clearly, there is a connection. 42 is also the only retired number for every team in baseball because of jackie robinson, and mariano river, the best closer ever, is the current and last player who will ever where it - so ... 42 is definitely the answer.

now, smoke a blunt, think, and proceed

7. I'm fairly certain this is true.
    420 drug term meaning origin

8. c'mon guys, lets stick to the topic, think deeply, and have some fun. It might be a little bit of a stretch, but trust me, just like the books, if you actually dwell on this, you'll come up with some pretty cool ideas and philosophies.

The answer's out there, but the question is in every one of us

proceed

maybe someone will actually post something on topic in the next post:rolleyes:

if not, i'll probably just delete the thread. As marvin would say "i'd make a suggestion, but you wouldn't listen."

9. haha 7.5 million year wait for 42.....

10. I always heard 420 was the old police code for anything drug related in cali back in the 60's.

11. Nope thats a myth

12. If Douglas Adams were trying to make a secret connection between his work and smoking pot, it would be something less obvious than THE NUMBER X 10.

Like the phone number for the Help Desk at the Guide's Publishers office would be (020)493-9015 (square root of 240).

Obvious connections are red herrings. The real connections are more esoteric.

13. you saved the thread, Renaldo, with the first real, worthwhile, post - had this been a post about teenagers smoking at 420 or something, it was getting deleted. I'm about to eat easter dinner, so i can't write much, but lets make posts more like this now and push the thread in the right direction

14. Ok so 42 is the answer to life, the universe, and everything, and 420 is associated with marijuana. That's because we take 42, and add 0 (or nothing) to it and get marijuana. So you see, marijuana = 420 and the answer to life = 42. They are really the same thing. You take the answer to life, the universe, and everything and add nothing to it and get marijuana. Marijuana is the answer :smoking:

15. soo...
    marijuana is the answer...

what's the question?
    :smoking:

hehe, finally, this super high thread is going somewhere

16. I know this is cannabis topic but the actual meaning of life is DMT. Dont think different untill you try it

• Like Like x 1

17. i've heard - i just can't find any, anywhere. I've wanted to do it for over 2 years now - i've even read the spirit molecule, etc.

Are there any associations between 420/42 and DMT? that'd be wild

18. ABCD
    AM
    T

OMFG :smoke:

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Ok the question...

I need some more of the answer before I get the question if you know what i mean:smoking:

Give us a suggestion marvin