400Watt autoflower grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by mr.greenleaf, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Freeze dry but all fast dried bud taste like shit. It's due to the chlorophyll in the plant. It takes time for it to break down and gas off during curing. The whole dry and curing take at least a month from harvest.

2. I harvested my first ak-49 at day 84 it has been drying both ways by on a screen and hung upside down. Today would be day 88 and some of the small buds are dry and I have been smoking on some of it this morning and it smokes pretty nice the smell is not strong because its not cured and I didn't flush this plant so the bud taste a little weird but not bad i Defiantly got over an oz but I will check in tomorrow with the final dry weight when everything is dry.

3. nice... how the high on it?

Sent from my SCH-R740C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. mr.greenleaf - any plans for another grow in the near future? Also, would love to hear how the ak smoked. That was actually on my radar for down the road in a future grow. 

5. tbh if I were you I wouldn't grow ak-49 because I know there are much stronger better strains. Ak49 is a good beginner plant and didn't give me much trouble and it did yeild good. But the bud quality was only ok, I did find maybe 40 seeds on the whole plant, the smell is not strong it smells like pine and really fresh, I would rate it a 4 and I would rate nl 6-7, 10 being fire ass skunk lol. O and the high is kinda mellow, I dont get tired off it, sometimes I think it keeps me up. Sativa dom

6. Also I have another nl that's really close to harvest and it is alot more frosty but it is alot shorter I'll prolly get an oz off it.

7. how did it get pollinated? as far as i know you dont have any males? did it sorta hermie on you or somethin?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. I put my ak-49 in the dark for 48 hours and it made the hairs turn really orange and the smell increased intensity. I really recommend putting your plants in the dark 48 hrs before the cut. So I got 30 grams dried off this plant, I'm smoking some of it now and it takes .3 to get me high and I smoke everyday. Its a pretty nice high not overwhelming or anything and the bud taste pretty good.

9. Also I got bought another 400 watt light and a fan and carbon filter from virtualsunhydroponics.com so now that its an 800watt 15 plant autoflower grow I might make a new thread when I get a new phone so I can post pictures

10. #90 Rezerg, Apr 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2014
    Extreme q or a volcano will dry a few grams in about 15 min depending on how tight you pack it. Throw the temp to 284. Scissor it up first then use a grinder after. Will be very little taste. None at all usually. Its great for when you're waiting on one to finish and had a bad day.