400w SOG/Perpetual Grow Box Design

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by ItsFriday44, May 10, 2012.

1. Arite guys I usually dont post but here we go..I'm hoping to start building my first grow box (3x3x5) with a 400w Hps and I'm going for and Sog/Perpetual grow. But first I need input on my design. I have a cool tube that measures 19.5 inches and a inline fan that measures 6 inches. Both have a diameter of 6 inches but that is not what I am worried about. With the length of my box only 36 inches how would i fit both inside while having the ability to adjust the lights height? Should i widen the whole box? Input is appreciated and wish me luck guys. This is my 3rd go around with some decent strains and I want to have everything spot on!

Thanks

2. What's the problem? The 16.5" remaining after the tube's length should be plenty of room to connect flexible ducts to each end of the tube. Hang the tube with strings, chains, cables or whatever and you're all set.

3. You forgot the length of the fan which is 6 inches. This only leaves me with 10.5 inches overall..how would i go about situating the inline fan inside the box while having room to spare room to raise and lower the light?

4. Sorry but I didn't forget the length of the fan. You seem to be assuming that the fan needs to be mounted directly on the tube. It doesn't. Fan mounted on the ceiling, duct from fan to tube, duct from tube to intake hole on other side of ceiling, adjustable flexible cables, string, etc holding tube up.