400W Mh Light Too Hot

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by agento1001, Jul 16, 2014.

1. No Matter what I do I cannot keep my temps below 88-90 degrees under 400w MH, the whole room feels like Mexico... I have two massive fans, how do people keep temps under 80??

2. gotta get fresh air in, circulating hot air isn't goin to do anything

need proper ventilation ;)

3. I have similar issues. I've found a cheap temporary fix but it requires you to monitor it. I put ice in a 5 gallon bucket with a few holes in the side and place a fan on top blowing down onto the ice. The cold air the blowes out the holes on the side cooling my closet down. Then I have another fan moving the air around inside the closet. It seems to help a little bit my temps are staying around 80-82 and without the ice in the bucket it gets up around 90-92. Just my 2 cents if you don't want to make an exhaust system.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. I would definitely invest in a inline fan and filter. You can think of all the temporary fixes you want, at the end of the day your going to have the same problem. They have a Fan and filter combo on eBay for $100 w/ free shipping. Its a MTN 4in Inline Fan/Filter Combo, 190cfm 60watts. This will work for you I'm sure. Check it out bro, then you can leave and don't have to be worried about burning your house down. Also, with that kinda of heat you have other worries. Heat Stress will get you Hermie's or kill your plants period. Keep me updated bro.

5. My lights on temps with my 600 watt are high 80's, low 90's... It's not ideal and I'm working to fix it but I still pulled down a half pound dry last harvest with similar temps

6. Hey bro that's a pretty good haul. Sounds like you'll be smoking on some good for awhile LOL. Some strains dont mind the higher than normal warmth. I was too having the same issue. The only reason it affected me kinda badly was because I was running 5 diff strain's. All except one was doing very good. The one that was affected was really affected you know. The wrinkles from heat stress the curling upwards of the leaves trying to retain water, it thought it was going through a heat stroke. I guess it all depends.

7. All strain's are different. Some may take a bit more heat without signs of stress more than a different strain. Its always recommended to have at least somewhat of a ventilation system. If you think that you'll be OK without it than best of luck. Just remember its only a 100 bux for piece of mind. I was having issues even though I was running ventilation. The problem with mine was the room the chamber was in was also warm. So even with me pulling in fresh air, the fresh air was warm. That made me have to install an AC. That's sucked. Hope all grows well.

8. Thx guys. I ran a duct to the outside wall and installed a 6" fan to bring in fresh air and we are down to 82!

I can live with that!

I also picked the worst time to start growing indoors without AC lol. Fall and Winter should be sweeeet

Peace!

Growing everyday ;)