400w MH/HPS White Rhino soil grow.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by goodtimeupnorth, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Hello everyone, you could say this is my first legit grow, wish me luck!

Seeds : Nirvana Regular White Rhino
    Medium : Soil with perlite
    Container: 5 gallon buckets
    Nutrients : Fox Farm Trio , BB, TB, GB.
    Lights : 400w Switchable MH/HPS cool tube

Day: 11

Attached Files:

2. Looking good bro! Love the cool tube setup. ::bongin::

3. Thanks man, its a nice change after having heat issues in the past :cool:

Day 15

So i topped them for the first time yesterday. Every things going well except for the bigger plant on the left is showing signs of a PH problem on its first set of leaves. I use a PH pen so I cant check the PH until its time to water again. Which wont be for at least a couple more days. Then after i check the run off im going to have to wait a few more days for my soil to dry out before i can fix it. Hopefully it spreads slowly.

Attached Files:

4. Hey guys Day 20 now. Still have only topped them each one time, i'm going to wait until they have a couple leave sets before topping again, everything's going OK. Some of the leaves have had some issues. My PH is 6.2 so i will be adding some lime pellets to my soil next watering to raise my PH and make it more base. Ill post pictures of the leaves in a second if any of you want to take a swing at what it is.

Attached Files:

5. After taking it out from under the MH light it was much easier to see, its just nutrient burn, which would explain the 6.2 PH.

6. If i can suggest something. start them in much smaller containers and transplant as you grow. I am assuming that in 5 gal buckets you only have to water once a week if that. I like to water more often so I can check pH and give my plants more nutes, throughout their life-cycle. Aside from that it looks great

7. Thank you. I was thinking about doing that, transplanting seems difficult though. At day 16 roots were already growing out of the bottom drainage holes. I'm thinking i should maybe go 6 gallons next time?

8. use b-1 for a week before transplant. When you transplant water the plant and let sit for 15 mins, then center the plant in a new planter with a base layer of fresh soil and fill it in around the sides. Water again and do this just before the lights go out so the plant has all night to recover. Try never to disturb the root ball as much as possible.
    When pulling it out of the old plant put the base of the stem between your middle and ring fingers so when you turn it upside down you can hold the plant.

9. Thank you for the info, i will try that in the future.

Ok everyone iv'e run into a bit of a tough decision. Im on day 25 and cant decide whether i should veg longer or not. Things are getting a wee bit cramped, but i would still like to get a nice yield. My question is if you guys think a 25 day veg period will still get me a nice yield assuming i do everything else right. Or should i cramp my tent and veg longer?

Attached Files:

10. My completely uneducate guess is that you should bloom now. They will thicken during the first two weeks of bloom and you probably want most of the verticle growth to be colas anyway, considering the layout and all the topping.

i really dont know shit, though , and have yet to harvest my first grow

11. Also your setup looks hi-tech, congrats

12. Thank you! Im thinking about going 5 more days, because you have to keep in mind these seeds aren't feminized, so who knows how much space i will have after they show sex and i pull the males. Next time im DEFINITELY just going to get feminized and only do 4. That way i can veg for 6 weeks, oh well, you live and learn. :)

13. You should flower, those plants are going to double in size. If the plants feel cramped it will slow down their growth considerably.

14. #14 goodtimeupnorth, Aug 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2011

OK cool thanks! i started 12/12 today. Keep in mind these seeds are not feminized, so i will have some space in a couple weeks when i pull the males. Its going to feel like an enternity before these show sex, i check on them so much:(

Attached Files:

15. Can't wait to see how this turns out. I have a similar setup.

16. What's the most you'll keep if you have more females than expected?

17. Thanks Jimmy, i actually know someone with he same name as you. But he definitely does not live in Holland

I would be very satisfied with 4 females. 5 would be pushing it. Hopefully these are some good beans and i get 4.

18. My fingers are crossed for lots of healthy ladies in your grow :)

I have 4 feminized and 4 unknown (2 DQ, 2 bag seed backups) in my tent. If all 4 fem survive and one of the DQ turns out to be both female and healthy, I'll chop the weakest female super lemon haze and keep the DQ. Like you, I doubt I'll keep more than four (unless my auto pulls through and gets out of the way after 60 days.)

19. What size area are you working with?

20. 39"x39"x79" tent