400w HPS White Rhino/Bubbilicious Soil Grow

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by IndicaSativa420, Mar 30, 2006.

1. Yea, i know the rule for the hps. thee light is about 14-15 inches away right now. I am planning on taking clones from some mother plants. One question, since i'm lsting can i still take clones if i do lst on them? And also, if i put the clones in rockwool cubes, when the roots start coming out do i plant the rockwool cube with the plant in it right into soil or do i take the plant out of the rockwool cube and plant just the plant into some soil?

2. plant the rockwool in tact .... right in the soil.

3. alright, as you guys know i'm doing lst. Should i fim also or just use lst? If i don't fim them and just tie them down (lst) will they have more colas than just one and will they be bushy? I haven't read up much about lst, although i already trained them about a week ago. I tied a string around top of the stem and bent it down almost level with the soil, but about an inch above. Then i put one string around the bottom of the stem, pulling in the opposite direction to support the stem. When and where should i put new ties on the plant for new branches? Also the plants look sort of wilted and don't seem to be growing very fast, one of my plants has a leave that is partially yellow and has some brown spots inside the yellow part.

4. I fimmed the plants this morning..today is day 16. I will have new pics up in a day or two. Here is what i plan on buying for cloning equipment:

propagation tray
    6" humidity dome
    45 rockwool starter cubes
    10 straight edge razorblades
    olivias cloning solution OR rootech cloning gel

Should i get olivias or the rootech? I don't know which one is better, etc. I will be using my 125w floro for the clones, so they don't go into shock.

I also am going to be buying a a ph control kit that has a bottle of ph up, bottle of ph down. and 250 test strips that read between 6.0-7.6

5. DAY 17:

[​IMG]

As you can see some of the leaves on the bottom plants are turning yellow, and some of the yellow leaves have small brown spots on them. I'm going to water them again tomorrow, and this time feed them 1/2 strength nutrients.

6. The plants aren't doing very well at all. All of a sudden they are all very droopy, some of the lower leaves are turning yellow. One plant has tiny brown dots all over it's leaves and has a bunch of yellow leaves. 2 of the smaller plants aren't growing much at all. I've been having nothing but problems since the plant have been like a week old. The plant will go from being fine and then back to being shitty again. They were fine a day ago and all of a sudden they look horrible.

7. just a thought IS420 .... you're growing in a closet with carpet on the floor, and I assume the buckets have drainage ..... have you ever watered enough causing the water to run out the drainage holes? .... weed likes to drink ;)

plants need consistency .... regular complete watering, sufficient nutrients, and a steady environment without extremes.

are you watering them enough?

8. Yes i water them until alot of water starts coming out of the drainage holes.

I think they may be rootbound..they have all the common symptoms of being rootbound. hey are growing slowly, the lower leaves are turning yellow, and they also are sucking up water quickly. Not to mention i can see roots coming out of the bottom of the pots. I'm buying a ph test kit and some ph up and down online in a day or so. I also will be transplanting them into 3 gallon pots.

9. Actually, i don't think my light will be able to covet that space if i put them into 3 gallon pots. Since i have some left over 1 gallon pots (same ones they are in now) can i put soil/perlite in one of the empty pots, then cut the bottom of the plant's pot and stack it in the other pot filled with soil/perlite? They will be taller, but not wider so my light will still be able to cover them good.

10. I found out what the problem was. Since i am using string to lst, it got very tight and was squeezing the hell out of the stems. When i took the ties off today, the spots where the ties were are like 1/3 as thick as the regular part of the stem, because it was so tight. I am going to wait a few days, hopefully they will recover. I'm going to stop feeding them nutes until they are better and then i will be transplanting them into 2 gallon pots. I also picked up some blood meal and bone meal, and another 1 cu. ft. of potting soil, and a bag of perlite. How much should i put in of each in the mix? Should i be using blood meal and bonemeal indoors?

11. you can use them both when thier time is right,,,,,ones high in nitrogen for the veg. state,,,,,, the other is high in phospherous,,,, for the flowering stage,,, yes definatly let your string on the lst be extremelly loose,,,,,,, my budding lst... is amazing the hell out of me,,,,,,ill be following this thread in the shadows,,,,,,,, good luck..:hello: i would suggest ripping that carpet up,,,,,a hard floor would be better for sooooooo many reasons,,,

12. yea i agree with chicken... either put something down to let the water drip out to.. they sell these clear plastic things for like less then a dollar at home depot and stuff that goes under the buckets and when you water water them completely... hope your stems come back to full strength!

13. They already look a ton better..although i'm sure it's still going to take another few days until they are fully recovered because some of them looked horrible. I put metal cake pans under them when i water them.

14. good luck, man. might try to get some extra air flow on them to thicken up the stems. i hope they get stronger for you! :smoke:

15. The stems are pretty damn thick for their age. I also just noticed a perfect angled slice in one of my plants..i have no clue what caused it. I also just checked to see if there are any preflowers and the two that have preflowers look like they are male.

16. I was talking about the part you said was thin from the string...

17. Oh, ok. The part where i tied the strings are actually healing quickly, they are almost back to normal size and you can barely notice the indentation where the strings were.

18. Good! Let's see some more pictures. :)

19. I'll get some pics up soon..i have to get batteries. I picked the dead/yellowing fan leaves off of the plant also, i figure they are just wasting energy. I also pulled one plant today, it was a male, a few clusters of balls were already forming. The other plant that has preflowers is either a male or hermie, it already has one male preflower. I'm just gonna wait another day or two to make sure i'm right. It's going to take a few more days until they fully recover, since they weren't getting anything through the stems alot of them have deficiency's i noticed. They do look alot better than they did though, and they are starting to grow again steadily. I just hope i don't get alot of males/hermies since they had alot of stress put on them, the odds aren't looking to good right now since the 2 i sexed are male. I am praying i get 4 females, if not i'm going to clone the best bb female and the best wr female.

20. hope it works for the best m8. Really want to see some pics!