400W HPS light question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by HiImJohnXD, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Hey guys :hello: :hello:

I've got a few questions

How much money would i be spending on one of those 400w hps lights and all of the things that go with it? .

How many sq feet should each plant take up?
    My plan is to have three clones growing under 16 soft white 14w cfls in one room and three flowering plants under a 400w hps light with four supplimental 14w daylight cfls.

I want to have a cycle like this

To start ill start with four seeds under the 16 soft white 14w cfls, I wont veg the first harvest too long so i can get the grow started faster. Im asuming ill lose 2 to male plants, so I will take three clones. two from my best growing and one from the other. In a perfect world all four will be females, but probably not. As soon as start flowering, I will move them under the 400w hps and 4 daylight cfls. and put the clones under the 16 cfls. I realize that it will take a lot longer for the others to flower than for the other plants to be ready for flowering, so im going to veg the clones for as long as i need to until im ready to harvest.

I need some reccomendations for nutrients to use throughout the grow. I will be making a carbon filter for the floweing room. I dont think I'll need one for the clone room, would i be wrong in assuming that?

What weight do you think i could manage for three plants recieving 400w hps and 4 daylight cfls per plant and being vegged for probably like two months?

:edit: lol i was only going to ask about the lights and then i started rambling. sorry but any help would be greatly appreciated.

peace

2. Any help would be great

3. HPS ballast, bulb and reflector will cost about €150 or about the same in dollars.

A 400 watt HPS will do for a 3x3 area or smaller. Depending on how you grow your plants you can make them take up a square foot each or you could get the 4 plants to fill a 3x3 space completely. It all depends on your available space and how you train them.

For nutrients you will need something with a high nitrogen (N) value and lower phosphorous (P) and potassium (K) values for vegging. Then for flowering you will need much less N and more P and K. Make sure that it includes micro-nutrients or add them separately.

The weight really varies on how you grow and I don't think anyone can guess this for you. If you don't grow them well you could get half an ounce in total. If you look after them well and don't stress them during the entire flowering process you could get an ounce or two per plant. Size and training also has a huge effect on yield. If you get the plants to fill up a 3x3 space with a bushy canopy then you could get a lot more. My first grow got me a little under an ounce, but I've had grows with half the number of plants yield 6 ounces. Also, it depends how big they are when they go into flowering. Again, it varies from grow to grow how long it will take to get them the required size.

Here's lots of info on growing The Green Pages - Marijuana Grow Guide.

4. You should be able to get 300-400 grams and i woul leave the daylight cfls out of the flowering room as the probably won't make much difference since you have 400watts, just make shure the the plant have optimal conditions in the flowering room and you'll be good.
    I recommend any type of organic nutes, and i think it's easies for beginners!

Peace!