400w HPS from inside sun

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by JaredBeast, Dec 26, 2007.

1. So i'm looking for my first HID and came across this deal here: http://www.insidesun.com/ecc584ec06d4630abdc6908519b10cb2.item
    I was just wondering if anyone has used inside sun before for their growing needs, and secondly if this light is any good. I know it says its a refirb but that doesn't bother me since there is a 3yr warranty. Any thoughts?

2. Nothing wrong with that light at all. Not the highest quality light you can buy, but as far as cost/value ratio, that price is tough to beat.

3. Insidesun is good, used them for years. Light looks nice too.

4. thanks guys thats all i needed to hear. I just ordered it. I think it will be perfect for my first HID and i can always upgrade pieces/parts or the whole thing down the road. Anybody know if the heat is gonna be an issue in my 2.5ftx6ft closet? I think it has an 8ft ceiling. All I have for ventilation is a 6in. duct with an inline fan. Passive intake.

5. I have a 5.5x 5.5x8 ft high closet with no exhaust fans, 1, 8 inch fan and 1, 6 inch semi exhaust fan blowing at the ballast and the door open and heat is an issue. If you can keep the door open as well that would help because that 400 gets pretty hot.