400W Hps + 6'' Cooltube

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by poptcorn, May 4, 2011.

1. How big of fans do I need for the exhaust for the cooltube, i'm thinking of using 6" ducting and running an exhaust fan with passive intake. 70cfm? thoughts?

2. How big of an area

3. 21"(l) x 26"(d) x 36"(h)

4. I have that link is below to what I bought. I have a 6inch exhaust with Carbon Filter hooked up. Then a active exhaust for ambient heat. I have a 32x32x64 and it was just to hot in my tent. Now its a nice 78-80 with it zipped up.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/LED-Wholesalers-GYO2009-3-Piece-Hydroponic/dp/B004HNPGKA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1304607689&sr=8-2]Amazon.com: LED Wholesalers GYO2009 3-Piece 400 Watt Hydroponic 6-Inch Cool Tube Grow Light Set: Patio, Lawn & Garden[/ame]

5. @rhapsodyrcks How did you get your temps down? was it just the cooltube and ducting?

@pitbull420, how loud are those badboys?/I can't find the cfm rating

6. I have a carbon filter hooked up to one end inside the grow tent running through my HPS lamp then out the tent via ducting being sucked out by a fan. Then I have a separate ducting dangling inside about middle part sucking air out through another fan.

Not like the ideal set up since I am also sucking out air with odor but it works well for me in my limited space.

With my tent closed now I dont go about about 80.5. Before without all that it as a roaster.

7. Well it's a lil noiser than I expected so I ran it up in the attic and now u can't hear a thing.. I believe the cfm rating is 435... During the summer my room temps used to jump to around 100+ degrees with my old 400 watt lamp now they max out at around 79 with a 600 watter..

8. Thanks guys for the help!

9. Like I said it's a lot louder than I thought it was gonna be when I bought it.. I had to pull it out of the room and put it in the attic but it keeps my temps perfect.

10. My grow tent is in my bathroom makes a hella amount of noise but I can sleep next to a jet engine.

11. Yea i'm pretty good with constant noise its the random ass noises that fuck me over

12. What kind of random noises is it making. It should not be. Mechanical things making random noises is bad so is excessive vibration.

13. Haha i meant in general, like random ambient noises.