400w hid 5G DWC coco Berry Bomb first indoor grow

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by 187Budz, Sep 19, 2017.

1. I just done have my exhaust fan running 24/7, it's on a timer. It's got some wild temp fluctuations going on the poor plant. I live in Canada so one week the temps are getting as low as low 40's (which is why the exhaust fan don't run 24/7), next week it's up to high 90's.
    At first I was changing shit every week trying to maintain that proper temp range now I'm like fuck it, let it ride.
    I gotta give berry bomb credit, it has taken some serious abuse and just keeps ticking with very little complaints.
    I plan on moving it to garage where it will be a little easier to maintain the temps but gotta wear the wife down a bit more. She still terrified it's a fire hazard.
    And I plan on running more then one plant but I wanted to make sure I could keep them alive indoor before I through a whole crop in there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  2. God damn dude you are having some bad luck with this run! Hopefully you'll pull a decent amount off the plant to make up for it!

3. Definitely contributed! If you can get away with running your exhaust more, you probably want to do so. At those humidity levels I'd be worrying about powdery mildew or some other harmful stuff...

4. Luckily this strain is mold resistant hope that branches off to mildew as well lol. But if you think it best I will definitely run it a little more then she is now. I'll have to change my timer later tonight during the feeding (hate working with nothing but a "grow friendly green light" from an app). On the plus side I got my new HPS bulb in there with a 6 month warranty. Guy said it was most likely a factory defect that made it blow. So we're back in business.
    As always any and all tips and tricks welcome.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hard to say for sure yet. If the little parts behind the pointy ones sprout some pistils you'll know for sure. If they turn more ball-like, bad news...

6. Holy cow - am I seeing correctly that your RH is now in the 20% range?

7. [​IMG]

Dude.. it's all over the place.
    Ok so I'm growing in a shed that's cut in half (half grow room, half empty). The part that is empty has literally a layer of water on the walls and ceiling. The grow section has 6mm poly covering everything which is why there is no water in there. I need to get my woman on board with the garage idea. She's getting close. It's just the spending more money on building supplies (2 4x8 sheets of plywood 3 2x4x8 studs and 2 4x8 sheets of insulation) that's holding her back... don't blame her I have spend a lot of cash already. But it will all be for nothing if this plant freezes to death.

8. Another tucking tonight... for such crappy conditions she's still going strong. Changed my ventilation again back to pumping directly outside the shed in hopes it will help with the humidity

• Like Like x 1
  9. Which part of canada is still getting in the 90's?

That sucks man. I'm guessing the grow room building doesnt have much insolation? I would just throw up a wall inside that building, insulate it real well after it's dried out and get a real nice air circulation and dehumidifier goin. I'm guessing you're using HID to keep the temps up at night? If you switched to some cheap 600 watt LED's, and could get the room normal you'd have a sweet setup. Maybe instead of building a whole new building, just finish the one you're using?

10. The 90's is the hid going to to work. The high 30's low 40's is Canada going to work lol.
    No I definently need some more insulation. I did not intisipate the drastic humidity increase.
    I was hoping to have it in the garage by now as it's much warmer in there. And really didn't want to throw more money into the temprotary location. But gotta keep the woman happy too.

• Like Like x 1
  11. You could also just run the lights at night when it's cold and let them sleep during the day. Or you could build a small growbox about 5 ft tall relatively inexpensively and use that as the grow room which would probably be easier than building a whole new building.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Lack of updates have me concerned - did your plant pull through?