400w Heat Problem

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Halftrack1340, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Okay so I have a 400w light in a box (32x29x60) in my closet. I have a euro reflector hooked up to a 4" growbright inline fan. My problem is my temps are running a little hot (86 deg) and I havent even hooked up the carbon filter yet. I was thinking adding a 4" duct booster type fan somewhere in the mix possibly after the carbon filter and before the the reflector. Any thoughts would be helpful.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Vent to another room our attic....scrunch the duct visible in the picture

3. Thanks I will definitly scrunch the duct as much as possible and try to get rid of the extra bends, but as for venting in the attic it isnt an option because this is a retal house.

4. Use the attic access hole....replace the piece with a chunk of wood you can cut threw

Or vent out of a window

Our dont grow....must have good venting

5. Where does the air go after it leaves the fan?

6. more fans wont help if that room wont dissipate the heat, you need to exhaust the air somewhere else.. and not the same place the room intakes its air from.. can you run a loop to a window and cool the hood entirely off outside air? (assuming you have a glass lens in that hood)

7. The air just goes into the closet when it leaves the fan. But there it no door on my closet. I just bought some more flexible ducting to run from the fan out into my room so hopefully that will fix the problem. Running it to the window isnt an option since it is on the other side of my room. I am about to hook up the extra ducting so we will see how that works. Thanks for the replies

8. #8 RO76, Jan 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2011
    I think the reason that your grow room is getting hot is because you are trying to "cool" your reflector with wormed up air from your grow room....How about adding another duct to the reflector(as intake) and run it outside of your grow room(that way reflector's air will not enter your grow room at all) . And then add another outtake with fan and carbon filter and suck the hot air out..

9. Thats what I think I am going to have to end up doing. I was trying to avoid the cost noise of another inline fan. I routed the exhast outside of my closet but that didnt seem to help at all and it has already been an hour. I bought a cheaper i duct booster type inline fan but that doesnt seem to move enough air to efficently cool down the reflector. I am open to any other ideas or thought for better ventilation since this is my first experiance with an air cooled reflector