400w cfl grow. First grow and i need some criticism

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Stostackz, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Hi guys,
    So I just started growing and I just want some opinions on how I'm doing and what I could improve on.

-I have a 400w 6500k cfl bulb 3" from the top of the plant
    -I'm using an organic potting soil that is pretty damn close to a 2:1:1 npk ratio.
    -Temps stay in between 76f and 81f
    -18/6 light schedule
    -watering every 2 to 3 days depending on how dry the soil is

This is day 17 and I switched from a 24/0 schedule to 18/6 yesterday and starting using a 1/4 dose of nutes for veg today because the bottom leaves had a little yellowing on the tips and the base of the leaves on the branches were developing some purple stripes that I thought could be a magnesium deficiency. I also FIMmed my plant today.
    Any thoughts?
    Thank you!

2. Any pictures? The leaves could be turning yellow from over watering. I know you said the pots feel lite but seedling really don't use up that much water esp when the highest temp is 81. What is the humidity? I personally wouldn't feed a seedling this early. Unless you have clones? That's different. I would love to see pictures.

3. sorry this is a double post that i don't know how to remove lol pics are on the original

4. Lol no worries. I came across the other one a little after.