400w and 600w mh/hps setup closet

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by I Love Herb, May 29, 2007.

1. what up!

wanted to post a few pics of my second grow room, to get some ideas and thoughts on this setup.

ive got the temps leveled out about 76, which will be perfect. i have to add a fan on the right side wall to blow up at the lights, wall mounted. and my co2 tank in the rear.

each duct is 6" duct 6" inline fan on the hood, with an 8" inline fan at the end of the duct for extra airflow

i ordered several strains from the doc, just waiting on them to show up. (DP Blueberry, Isis, Greenhouse white rhino, and femaleseeds grapefruit x nevillas haze)

click to view full res pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    view with my back on the light
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

if i get enough interested parties ill throw up a journal

any advice/questions are welcome

Thanks!

2. anyone have any ideas on how i should setup the co2? having trouble coming up with a plan that will work

3. I read somewhere that co2 is denser than air, so you should place it about your plants somewhere...

Where did you buy your fan from?

4. which fan? if you're talking about the black/grey one, walmart for 18 bucks. (i highly recommend this fan, its badass)

co2- yes indeed, above the plants, i knew that but was really looking for ideas on how to implement that.

i got 2 of the 4 strains i ordered from the doc yesterday so girls will be goin in very soon

common other package!

5. Awesome.. what strains?

I meant the fan for your lightin fixtures

6. Ahh so you had to order it.. everything looking good post some pics when it gets growing.. I got K2 going right now.. my ocean forest dirt is killing one of the plants probably completely.. the other one is doing great, and one is doing alright. Careful with your dirt early on

7. i just went to home depot and picked it up, lol.

i used ocean forest last round and have switched to another fox farm product called happy frog, which is a lot less 'hot' with nutrients

give it a shot!

8. Damn.. I spent an hour in home depot looking for those fans, asked all kinds of dudes and couldnt find shit. I did find big versions of them say like 12 inch and what not...

What section did you find them?

Thanks for the help ont he dirt.. ill try that. Local hydro store isnt too big but hopefully they will have it

9. i have one particular home depot near my place that is kinda 'ghetto' it doesnt really have a nice selection. but i live where there are at least 5 other home depots in a 8 mile radius so i have exp a particular store not having it. but all of the others have it.

in the duct work section, same place all their duct is. It seems some of the stores have mostly the same lay out and its in the very back left of the store, but thats not always the case. GL.

i got my happy frog from a local hydro store, they carry happy frog and ocean forest.

10. how bout some pics of that PP and super skunk from your last grow? :D

11. haha what up aug!

ill def post some bud shots of that, prolly get some attention then :)

12. ya man.. people love bud pr0n for sure :)

13. bump got the rest of my seeds, will be starting very soon

how many plants is ideal under my light setup?

i got 8 week flowering strains
    i want to veg them about 1 month or until 8-10" tall
    my lights are 4' off the ground, i can raise them if i HAVE TO, but was hoping to be able to lst them and keep them under control
    i was thinking 6... any input?

14. Im also very happy with happy frog soil - much less "hot". I just went into flowering with my first batch in happy frog, but so far great!

As far as the lighting - LST is a great way to keep the plants under control, though you need to allow for more horizontal growth than a typical christmas tree. If you leave a little bit more square footage than you normall would, everything should work out great - just tie the plant down as it grows in a circle around the plant. It will then grow each side branch up like a main cola. It is the only way to go :hello:

15. i used ocean forest last grow and was mostly pleased... id like to have more control over nutes so i decided to go with the happy frog, which is as you stated less hot, and i agree 100%.

started germing seeds this morning... will update with vegetation soon!

any last comments/suggestions ?