4000w 10x10 tent ideas for maximum yeild

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by CrackedRenegade, Apr 22, 2019.

1. #1 CrackedRenegade, Apr 22, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
    Hello all newbie here

Looking for some help/advice on my setup.
    Some history:
    Basement with 6 1/2' ceiling
    Medium: soil (pro-mix)
    Nutes: cyco platinum kit, great white, AN calmag plus (using RO water), snowstorm ultra.
    Propagation: clones taken right before 12/12 switch so they get about a 6wk veg after coming out of the cloner
    Strains:Ghost og 10wk flower
    Gg4 8wk flower
    Pakistani purp kush x purp bubba kush -csi humboldt 8wk flower
    I Defoliate day 1 day before flower for ghost (its extremely leafy this is a must ive found)and again day 21 for all strains

*3 grows completed
    1 30x30 tent single plant (ghost og) 10g pot 750w (1000w batwing turned to 75%) scrog out, battled heat the whole grow 100deg at times 9 1/2oz yeild lots of foxtails. This grow was all about learning. From nutes (lots of stuff falling out of solution) to lst, lollipop,super cropping, scrog. This grow made me relize i knew nothing about growing

1 10x10 1000w batwing + cheap "1000w"LED more like 200w (3 Ghost og and 4 gorilla glue #4) all 10g fabric pots. I used about half the space. arranging plants in a U shape around 3 sides of the tent. Had all plants scrogged but eventually took the ghost out of the nets and left them freestanding so i could huddle everything closer for better light. Yeild was 1.2lbs

1 10x10 2200w (1000w batwing + hydrofarm 6" aircooled hood + crappy LED) dead of winter temps were amazing. 14 plants (6 ghost,6 glue, 2 very small paki). Gg4 in scrog everything else tomato cages freestanding. Yeild was 2.4lbs

Current setup:
    10x10 tent 4000w 3 cooltube aircooled hoods + 1 batwing. Running 14 plants(6 glue scrogged+ 7 ghost and 1 paki in Tomato cages freestanding) in 7 gal plastic pots. 3 hoods are aircooled pulling air from outside thru them and exhausting outside. My temps stay 73-77 if it hits 77 a 6" fan starts forcing in cool air from outside. Nightime temps will drop to 64 at the lowest. 55%RH
    Yeild: not looking good maybe 3lbs

Veg space:
    Approx 3 1/2' x 5' gardening greenhouse with 1 t5 4 bulb unit. 3.5gal 21 spot aero cloner.

Buying a 3.5ton mini split in a few weeks for cooling during summer

Things im thinking of doing
    Hortilux bulbs! Ive been using cheap ipower bulbs and think my yeilds suffered because of it. I will be switching in the next few weeks after seeing this https://www.rollitup.org/t/think-yo...omparison-blowout-pictures-say-it-all.355137/

Switching to coco.
    I think this will solve my slow veg growth along with generally beefier plants and bud. If i do this i will switch to canna coco a and b ryzotonic and a bloom booster. I have a 40 gal res with 100gal a day RO system so i would just need all the fun stuff(pump, tubing, flow valves on each plant) this would be a huge improvement getting some sort of auto or semi auto watering set up as i currently have to pull plants out of the tent and shuffle them around to hand water.

Open hoods once mini split is installed so glass and cooltubes wont block my precious light im paying for

Switching nutrient lines. Cyco is ok ive had decent results n it flushes clean. But its like 12 bottles and a whole lot of mixing. I was thinking i would switch to Mills as the guys at the local hydro place swear by it and its only 4 or 5 bottles. That was untill i saw my buddys grow in coco same week of flowering and buds twice the size! I was speechless. Stalks like fists. Coco seems to almost double growth in veg and flower. My buddy uses canna coco a and b ryzotonic and a bloom booster nothin else! Im shocked ive been dealing with 8-10 bottles at a time

Lowering my number of flowering plants from 14 to 10? 8? I top and lst and scrog to get as many tops as i can and clean up the bottoms but still end up with a decent amount of side larf or underdeveloped bud. From everything being so packed in there

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Should i get out of the tent n build a panda film room?
    Plant count? Is 14 to much for 10x10 with 6 weeks of veg time? Can 8 plants fill a 10x10 with only 6 weeks of veg? I want to keep cycles perpetual as i can with no added veg time. Give me all your suggestions on any improvements i could make to maximize yeilds!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Nice set up Bro! can you get in your tent from all sides if so you could still build a room if you want but I would keep the tent for the time being. Ipower bulbs are just average I would say Hortilux all the way! So your running blumat or sip set up? I’m in soil but some swear by Coco it may give you what your looking for yield wise. Your running a lot of light after you get a couple yields I would switch to LEDs or Cmh 630’s using Hortilux bulbs you’ll save a lot of money on your electric bill! ScrOG is going to get you the biggest yields Imo but will make it harder to move your plants around. you could switch to 5g pots if using coco so you could fit as many plants without overcrowding plus your height space won’t be a factor if your doing a ScrOG! But man your Killing it Bro Good Luck man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  3. My man Robbie!! Here are photos of those hortilux 315 for u! Best bulbs and lights that are not Quantum Boards lol 20180712_050036.jpg 20181008_060811.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hey Ed Good to see you Brothera! see how the your lights just beam straight down instead of scattering. your plants are absorbing all that light! I’m sure they’ll be coming out with a Hortilux 630 soon! I would love to try CMH in my 3x3 but I would only want a Hortilux like yours!

• Like Like x 1
  5. They have a 630 but it's different. Nice to be able to move these!!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  6. They do have the 630! Sweet yeah I know what your saying about moving them around.

7. Wow that looks like a lot of work! I wouldn't change up what you got going on there to much. I'll be trying out cmh soon along with my hps in the same hood.
    20181202_111715.jpg

8. Right now the tent is situated in a corner so i have access to 2 sides if needed.
    Right now im just hand watering with an oldschool watering can. But i was thinking i would switch to coco just drop a pump in the res with a length of tubing to a quick disconnect on the tent then just run a manifold across the tent with "Ts" and flow valves and just ziptie each one onto the pot. Turn pump on crawl under the scrog n pop each valve so so each plants gets what it needs get 25% runoff n vac up the extra. Would still require a bit of crawling around to vacuum but once the valves are set i could just turn the system on n watch it run :) but much better than moving these girls out every 2 days to water currently. I got alot of light but still dark under the canopy lol what do you think about plant count? Should i lower it to prevent crouding as much? 9? 3 rows of 3 maybe? Or 2 rows of 4 each side? If everything was scroged it would be easier to pick what stays n goes early in flower cause everything set in place but dayn21 defoiliation would be fun thanks for the positive response and kind words man just doimg what i can with what i got

• Like Like x 1
  9. #9 CrackedRenegade, Apr 22, 2019
    Coco guys lemmy hear it. More work more yeilds?

10. quantum boards from horticulture lighting? I was looking into them at first onlything that stopped me was the pricetag perhaps after a few more runs tho! LEDs are the way!

• Like Like x 1
  11. #11 CrackedRenegade, Apr 22, 2019
    Are the cmh..ceramic metal halide? stand alone units or do they fit a standard 1000w fixture with same ballast?

• Like Like x 2
  12. I would do 4 1K DE, centered @ 2.5 feet from the each corner squared, then load up 16 plant in 4 rows of 4 centered in their own 2.5 x 2.5 sf area. Then with 21 day old cuts / clones, put them in 10 gallon pots and veg them for 7 weeks, and finally flower them out for 9 more weeks, and without no training needed, you will pull 240 to 300 zips of finely trimmed flower from that room every 16 weeks, that would equal 3 grows a year! And I know that is a sure thing because I help out at a small vet based co-op that has 8, 10 x 10 rooms, 2 for vegging with 4 600w DE in them, and the other 6 flowering rooms have 4, 1k DE each, and that's what each of those flowering rooms pulls after 9 weeks of flowering.

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 2
  13. This is the knowledge i need! Thank you man! So your saying no scrog? Run em 4x4 n Just let em veg upwards no training n top once or twice before flower? clearing out the bottoms to push the tops up. I have a second veg space i can use although i cannot fit 16 7wk veggers in it comfortably. With your idea i would veg and flower in same room?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Hey 2 sides is better then one lol! I only have an 4x8 and 3x3 cause I just Grow for me and family. Instead of the watering can even if you get a Sip dip system buy one of these Chaplin’s some of them have a longer wand and hold more water I had the one in this picture I bought for $13 I’ve had it for like 2 1/2 years now it’s the best $13 I ever spent lol! [​IMG] so you have to feed with that much run off, then you shop vac it up? maybe once in a while with run off but every feed that must be time consuming. you could make it easier on yourself is what I would try to accomplish first because you’re doing a lot of work let your set up do the work for you. can you make it where are you can get in through three or even four sides? I wouldn’t mess with your set up except the watering and plant count. have you ever used Smart pots they would take up less room than the pots you’re using now. I’m growing 9 plants in an 4x8 but 7 are regs so they have to be sexed and males culled and 3 autos using 4/5g smart pots and 5/3g smart pots. I think switching pots would be a Good idea I think. then until you get tubing and valves set up for your feeding system. I think you could get 9-10 pots in there comfortably In smart pots. keeping the bottom Growth Like you have it lollipop and keeping it as clean as possible like your doing is what you want if you ScrOG maybe using two trellis’s would help more also! But keep up the good work Bro! Nice job you did!!!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Yes that’s what I’m running in my tent 2 HLG 550’s but you could build them yourself for much less money you only need to run 30 watts a square foot,and it would definitely drop your electric bill in half easily, but do a few runs like you are first then maybe switch over to LEDs or CMH. But now I wouldn’t change anything that’s just me

16. I would go with what @Fatagui is saying he’s doing it so makes more sense to me.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Right now i dont have any runnoff in soil, the runoff would be if i switched to coco i believe you have to water till runnoff to flush out excess salts. I use a 2 trellis system currently first to flaten everything second to support the extra stretchy tops will post pick after light comes on tonight the pics posted were pre day 21 defoil and second net i try to wait untill then sonim not picking thru 2 scrogs :)
    Thats my goal with this setup figure out how to pull 1-2lbs a light 4-8lbs per harvest perpetually every 2 1/2mo or so. Bang out a couple harvests and invest in LEDs for the future. Leaving shortly to pickup 4 hortilux super hps bulbs, local place had a 420 sale 2 for 50 and of course i missed it maybe they will still cut me a deal on 4 tho they are good guys

• Like Like x 2
  18. Right now i dont beleive you enough lighting to reach optimal light levels in your 10x10.

4000w of hps (with decent bulbs) would give you around 40w per sq/ft. Optimal is 65 prr sq/ft, plus they look quite high above your canopy and possibly not equally distributed.

Coco. I love it, so id say youre making the right choice switching too it.

The only other thing i would say is absolutely utilize your space, fill it corner to corner, plant numbers do not matter but more plants will fill the space more quickly. This is my 2 pennies anyway and how i like to run things.

My canopy:
    20190419_171509.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2