4000 Watt 8 x 10 dwc scrog in 10 gallon buckets

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by 10after420, Dec 28, 2013.

1.      Ok this is it! I have been messing around in dirt long enough! Just popped 15 seeds (with 1000% success, tho there will be some culling)  This will be my first dwc grow and my first grow journal also!
         I have 4 1000 watt lights with dimmable digital ballasts, Air cooled 6 inch hoods, running digilux hps bulbs. One 6 inch fan running from outside, thru my lights and into an ajoining room to help heat the house in the winter. Another 6 inch fan coming out of a charcoal filter and dumping outside.
         Veg is under 4 flouro shop lights with 30000 k and 5000 k bulbs. 4 of each.
    I will be growing blueberry, trainwreck and big bud plants. I will be using 10 gallon rope totes for flower, 5 gallon buckets for veg, and the seedlings we popped in rockwool cubes and transplanted into coco coir in solo cups. gonna transplant into hydroton when i see healthy roots building in the coco.
         I will be vegging with technoflora nutes and using floro nova for flower along with mendacino avalanche, great white, and ro water.
         I will be asking opinions and looking for factual and intelligent help from the gc community. Not into negativity and will not tolerate it in this thread. 
         Any comments and advice will be greatly appreciated. I can grow huge plants in dirt. I usually pull 8-10 ounces dry, cured bud in my soil grows. so i know how to grow big plants. But i look forward to seeing how others do things and learning to grow dwc,
         My goal is to get 4 monster plants scrogged out and 4 pounds of bud off them when im done!
    Anyone interested in following along and growing with me?
         Here are a few pics of my soil grows, just as a teaser! november2013 869.jpg november2013 925.jpg november2013 974.jpg november2013 151.jpg november2013 152.jpg november2013 868.jpg  

2. Looking forward to this all the best Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

3. IMG00345-20130916-1413.jpg IMG00347-20130916-1413.jpg Thanks bruce. I think im over soil, and got it pretty much down. Here are a couple pics of one of the plants from that last big grow. Let me know what u guys think. I got  51.5 oz's from 7 plants total. whick comes to about 7.3 per plant. that plant had 10 oz when dry, so it really made up for a couple smaller(?) ones.i had tomatoe cages on them just took them out for the pics. im gonna scrog net these next ones. 

4. IMG00424-20131222-1817.jpg heres a couple shots of the beans. germinated 16 hoping and praying for 8 females.  There were 6 big bud, 4 trainwreck and 6 blueberry.all but 2 germinated and sprouted. And i even got a bonus plant from the dirt of a regenerated plant i am doing. By the way i forgot to mention that all of the plants on my last grow were actually revegged buds that i rooted. i did this for the superior node spacing and branching. I know its easier to take clones but clones get nowhere near the bud sites these bitches get.anyway here is the babies.

5. I guess i am looking for some top notch growers to critique me and catch things that maybe im not thinking about correctly. I have invested a significant amount of money and like i said i am after 1 lb per lite, one or maybe two plants per light.as of today the seedlings are roughly 10 days old and on their third node after the cotyledons. I want to start topping now but im gonna give em another day to get that top node a little higher to make it easier. I topped the biggest one today and accidently took a leaf from the second node with it. Shit!
       I am starting them in coco coir and feeding with ro water and calmag at 200 ppms. i also added a bit of great white and 50 ppms worth of floranova to the mix today. I know its a bloom nute but it is pretty much everything they need and the floranova has a little bit of nitrogen. they seem to like it. I do my research but man there is a lot of info out there and a lot of bs to sift thru along the way. So plz dont reply with bs. Know what you are talking about first, or reply with an appropriate opinion and state that it is an opinion not fact. I dont need any help messin these girls up lol. 

6. #7 bruce786, Dec 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2013
    I'm in rdwc I grow 36 plants in 2.4m x 2.4m under 1200w on light movers. Basically a slightly advanced sog. I get 25 ounce in a 10 week turn around. I used to grow bigger plants but it kind of got old on me. I'll try attach a picture of my setup.Edit; no current pictures on my phone will get some tomorrow. Also I used to use great white it's great but I use Tnc myCOhydro now for my beneficial bacteria combined with voodoo juice and my roots are a piece of art lol. Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

7. [quote name="10after420" post="19241430" timestamp="1388222672"] Ok this is it! I have been messing around in dirt long enough! Just popped 15 seeds (with 1000% success, tho there will be some culling) This will be my first dwc grow and my first grow journal also! I have 4 1000 watt lights with dimmable digital ballasts, Air cooled 6 inch hoods, running digilux hps bulbs. One 6 inch fan running from outside, thru my lights and into an ajoining room to help heat the house in the winter. Another 6 inch fan coming out of a charcoal filter and dumping outside. Veg is under 4 flouro shop lights with 30000 k and 5000 k bulbs. 4 of each.I will be growing blueberry, trainwreck and big bud plants. I will be using 10 gallon rope totes for flower, 5 gallon buckets for veg, and the seedlings we popped in rockwool cubes and transplanted into coco coir in solo cups. gonna transplant into hydroton when i see healthy roots building in the coco. I will be vegging with technoflora nutes and using floro nova for flower along with mendacino avalanche, great white, and ro water. I will be asking opinions and looking for factual and intelligent help from the gc community. Not into negativity and will not tolerate it in this thread. Any comments and advice will be greatly appreciated. I can grow huge plants in dirt. I usually pull 8-10 ounces dry, cured bud in my soil grows. so i know how to grow big plants. But i look forward to seeing how others do things and learning to grow dwc, My goal is to get 4 monster plants scrogged out and 4 pounds of bud off them when im done!Anyone interested in following along and growing with me? Here are a few pics of my soil grows, just as a teaser![​IMG] november2013 869.jpg[​IMG] november2013 925.jpg[​IMG] november2013 974.jpg[​IMG] november2013 151.jpg[​IMG] november2013 152.jpg[​IMG] november2013 868.jpg [/quote]Looking forward to seeing what you can pull. I would say 1 lb per plant in dwc under a 1k is a conservative goal. With the experience you have, so long as you fill the net properly, 1.5 - 2 lb per light is definitely possible. My boy consistently pulls 1 - 1.5 lbs off his scrog under a 600. So with that said, lets do it!!!! Im subbed!

8. #9 bruce786, Dec 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2013
    Yea scrog is a crazy technique for yield increase. I'm sure you'll get more than 16oz off each light. The veg period is just so long with em at least 4 - 8 weeks to get the screen full. Lol I guess it just got a bit boring for me. But watching a beautiful even scrog done by someone else is always great to watch. Take it easySent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

9. Looking forward to watching this. I've been playing around with a few things for awhile and have I think the same feeling as you it's time to get serious and do a yearly run. I've got a Pineapple Express at a bit over 1.5 wide. Been training for a while.

10. Sweet. Glad to see there is some interest in this. Like i said this will be my first dwc so im excited. Just lettin the babies mature. Im gonna start topping them here in the next day or two. I didnt start with fem seeds so i gotta grow em all for a while before i choose the plants that are goin in the buckets. Im also waiting for the 7 in my flower room to finish up and i will be doing a few mods to the room. I have a space issue as im only in a 8x10 room, and am trying to decide between a couple layout plants for the lights so i can have some good size nets and still be able to get to them. Im thinking an L-shape with 3 lights in a row and one off to the side. Any ideas?

11. i just pulled up a chair bro.. i def gotta see this... i have a 700 watt led and a 400 watt hid.. ill veg for around a month and hope i can pull even near a pound :)

12. thanks superstar. Welcome aboard.  

Im just waiting for a few plants to finish up in the flower room to get on with this grow. The girls are all doing fine in their solo cups. Vegging nicely under 256 watts of t8 flouro. I am thinking of putting them under one of my big lights with a metal halide bulb and vegging them until im ready to set the scrog nets on em. I have vegged with 400 watt mh before in my veg room. might be interesting to see wht happens under a 1000watt mh. Im also fooling with the idea of putting 2 plants of the same strain in each bucket. I started my seeds a little late and would like to get them under the hps and nets asap. As soon as they are mature enough that is. Anyone have any experience with two plants in the same bucket? They will be going into 5 gallon buckets for veg then transferred to 10 gallon rope totes for flower.

13. #14 10after420, Jan 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2014
    ok any ideas on when to stick the babies under the mh? Gonna start em under one mh lamp. Its 1000 watts but im thinking turn it down to 500 to start? And when to transplant to the buckets? they all have been topped and are doing their thing in the coco. got their first grow nutes at 50 ppms (300 total with ro water and 250 ppm calmag.) Lets hear some ideas!

14. sexy soil grows!

15. hey bruce still waitin on them pics of the roots! I am thinking of investing and would like some first hand knowledge before i do as voodoo juice is pretty pricey!

16. january upload 366.jpg january upload 361.jpg
    Thanks. All my buddies were egging me on to go bigger since i had pretty much maxed out what i was getting on my plants in dirt. Heres a few more pics of the ladies that are getting harvested this weekend. This first plant i was really proud of and it is by far the most bud i have ever gotten on one plant. But i flushed her in the shower and started to let her dry out a bit and the buds that were pretty tight became very soft and fluffy. No idea what the deal is with that. It does have a different bud structure than all of my other plants and really very leafy and really sticky. My hands get wet (i mean wet!) when i touch her. So im thinkin probably a hash plant and butter. But im gonna trim her up and dry her to see the final outcome anyways. Anyone have any ideas as to why these buds didnt harden up right? 

17. Not enough sugar towards the last 2 weeks?  My buddy  uses molasses to harden them up towards the last 2 weeks.

18. Her january upload 391.jpg es a couple blueberry plants that did well. Great buds and very hard!

19. hey greenfly, thanks but i dont think so. These bitches all got the same overall feedings and this one plant here really burned up the nutes. It got huge, but for some reason its like its all water weight. I watered her again last nite and the buds really firmed up again but now im thinkin its just water weight. Funny my other "girl retains a little water during her "time of the month" too! lol