400 watt MH/HIS closet grow. 5 gal DWC/Canna nutes

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by timotei, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Hello Grasscity! So after a couple years of working at a local hydro store, I'm ready to gear up for a (hopefully) solid grow. I have recently moved and my new apartment has a closet that is 36" X 72" X 72". I am living on the top floor however so my ceilings do taper in some. But other than that little detail, it's a pretty good size.
    Due to the over all size of the room I'm going to be working with, and to save energy, I've chosen 400 watts. I already had some equipment lying around so this cuts the over all cost down significantly.
    My lighting setup is as follows.
    -galaxy digital 400/250 watt ballast
    -hydro farm viper air coolable reflector
    -optilume 400 watt MR for veg (cheap... might get the hortilux super blue instead...)
    -hortilux 400 watt super HPS for flower
    -blue print controller light timer

For ventilation and oder control
    -dura breeze 6" in line fan
    -dura breeze 6" short carbon filter
    -blue print fan speed controller
    -6" neoprene clamps connecting ducting to fans and reflector

Co2 control
    -20lb co2 tank
    -blue print co2 regulator
    -blue print co2 atmosphere controller W/ photo eye (controls fan/co2 shut off as well as humidifier/De humidifier)

Going to be doing 3 or 4 plants in 5 gallon black buckets.
    -6" net pot lids
    -canna clay pellets
    -1156 gph commercial air pump
    -4" air stone "pucks" in each bucket

And finaly, I have Chosen Canna nutrients as my food source. My shop recently started to carry their products, and I want to see for myself what all the hubbub is about.
    I'll be using
    -Canna start (for clones)
    -Canna aqua vega A and B
    -Canna aqua flores A and B
    -Canna peak 13/14
    -Canna boost
    -great white sharks orca (mycos source. Cheaper then rysozime by canna...)
    -Atami bloombastic
    -GH ph up and down

Exact strain is to be decided. I have multiple local sources where I can obtain. Good quality clones within a weeks time, so I am narrowing down my choices...

And that's about it folks! Equipment wise anyways. As of right now, I have the ballast, hood, bulbs, fan and filter. Along with buckets and air pump.
    In the coming week, I will be picking up nutes, ducting, tubing and what not, and I will be waiting on the co2 for now. Rent is due and I dont really NEED that for a few weeks.

But I am taking suggestions while the room is still being completed. So for those with some constructive critisism, feel free to speak up!
    Otherwise, sit back, spark up, and enjoy the ride.

2. Couldn't wait to get the light thrown up to see what it looks like. Don't worry, the carpet/boxes will come out of course, and I will be lining the walls and floor with black and white poly film.
    A clean room is a happy room :) 1422421968139.jpg so it begins 1422422009107.jpg attic access for ventilation/Carbon filter

3. Hey!

I also am growing under a 400w mh/hps light. Always nice to see a fellow 400 watter around. Anyways good luck on your grow; I'll be checking in from time to tine.