400 watt hps distance on new plant

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by arthur job, Apr 26, 2005.

1. hi, ive just planted a cracked seed under my hps at about 42 inches, is this ok, and once it sprouts shud i lower it? btw, its in a heated propagator. thanking in advance :)

p.s the room is 4x4x8

2. 2 feet is good, although starting the seed under some floros for 2 weeks would be nice too.

3. that distance should be fine .. i wouldnt lower it unless you notice the plants stretching .. i use a 400 hps .. and let the plant grow for about the first month before even needing to move it .. i do have one question though .. why have you only planted 1 seed?? what you gonna do if after youve been looking after the little blighter for 6 weeks n it ends up being male??? you gonna be right back where you started huh.. ahh well i guess it will be experience for you if nothing else

4. i have got 3 seeds now, 2 x ingamars punch and 1 x snow white. im gonna plant a couple more. i picked up this fluroescent light from work tday as it wasnt being used. im not sure if i can use it tho. it has 2 bulbs and they r only 2 x 15 watt. i cud post a pic for you. wud these be ok to add aloing side my hps? thanks for the help

5. those lights would only be of use for about a week or so but even then you would have to put them directly over your plants hence blocking any light from the hps ... i use them lights for my clones when theyre first cut ... anyway you could get better bulbs and use them at the side of your plants along with the hps .. its something i was gonna do but hey .. im lazy .. can never have too much light eh ... good call with getting some more seeds ... dont go crazy though if youre space limited .. you never know they may well all turn out to be big bushy ladys ... have fun with it and keep reading .. and update so we all get to see the progress ..

6. thanks shaman, ive recieved my ro machine today and my ph pen and so ive gone about mixing water at the right ph, also soaking some rockwool at 5.5. yeah youre right about the lights, im gonna buy a ecolite for propagators in a few weeks, 80 watt, just a little low after spending so much. i do have 9 snow white left a 2 i-p`s but at £5.50 each (snow whites) i dont realy want to use to many before i get to learn how to grow em lol. the sw`s are all feminised from nirvana, lovely colour aswell :0. thanks again. ill take some pics soon if they show thru, keep ya fingers crossed for me. cheers!