400 watt HID in small space

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by badwolf4, Feb 21, 2009.

1. I didn't wire this fan, it comes wired up with three speeds. It worked fine before I opened it up, and now I have one low speed. Hopefully that low speed will work for me, but even if it did, I wish the other two were available for flexibility.

If this doesn't work out, I will use a quality fan designed for this purpose like the one you're using.

I live in Southern California on a West facing second story room, so it gets hot in here. I think the cool tube or something like it is needed.

Thanks for the tip about the stadium arrangement. I've been thinking about using milk crates to prop up the smaller plants, and now I'll keep your configuration in mind.

Your cab looks sweet! How much yeild did you get with that SOG?

2. OK, I mounted the 5" to 6" reducer (couldn't find a 5" starting collar) onto the fan housing and put it up in the attic. After turning it on, I can say it's very quiet. out of the attic and into the room just above, I don't even hear it. Then I checked airflow into the duct at the cab, and it seems to be vigorous enough. So even though the fan has been disabled, it still seems to work enough for now.

I hooked up my HPS finally and the cool tube stays cool. It's kind of an odd tube since the bulb is all the way on one side and empty on the other.

So now my 3 LR#2 plants will get more than T12 tubes for light. I have the light up higher than normal so as to not shock them for now. They are probably about a week ready to harvest.

I've already started 7 plants of Ice to try to find a momma, and I've started now Diesel ryder, and auto AK47 x auto Blueberry.

The space right above my cab I'm planning on enclosing and putting the T12s up there for the momma plants, cuttings, and a couple weeks of vegging to get a perpetual grow going.

BTW, I had that very type of beer a few weeks ago moon. That's some strong IP! I love hops.

3. Yeah if your home gets really warm then you may end up needing a new fan, but a cooltube might get you by.

Thanks! That's actually not a SOG, it's just two plants that I tied down. They gave me a total of 9.7oz. The strain is Blue Moon Rocks.

[​IMG]

4. WOW! Makes my mouth water just looking at that gorgeous bud...:rolleyes:

5. Yes that is amazing! And 9.7oz? That's a great yield: basically over a 1/2 a pound!

Were did you pick those beans up?

6. A friend actually made some F2 seeds a few years back and gave a few to me, and that's where I found that girl. I don't know of anywhere selling BOG genes anymore except I heard some clubs near San Francisco are selling some.