400 watt grow tent/ super lemon haze

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Ford, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Nice. I'll be around to watch. How long are you going to veg before flipping to flowering?

2. Not too sure but probably another 3 weeks im trying to get this tent as full as I can

3. How am I doing guys? Am I doing this right lol? Also when I put it into flowering The screen will be easier to fill right?

Attached Files:

4. I don't think it will become easier. The plants will be growing faster as they flip into flowering. Its not going to be super hard or anything but I don't think its going to be easier. Is it hard to work the branches?

5. #105 xolovar, Nov 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2012
    Your going to have problems with that wire screen. The ideal screen will have 2in squares so you can pluck fast growing branches from beneath and move it to the next square. And it also helps for the netting to be flexible (I use string).

I made a scrog for my tent and there are pics in my bagseed journal to help you get ideas to make your own. Two of my plants were sativa dominant and I've got over 30 tops in my scrog.

6. O.K. guys I'm caught up again. Sorry for delay, I am subbed in 50+ journals and some people are all having problems and questions at same time. LOL, it's grow fever out there! Listen I think xolovar has a point about the screen. So does greenbudguy, about pvc frame. I made my screen for my 3x3 out of pvc frame and wove tie wire strands across it. They are not straight and perfect but are adustable and strong and easy to work and the thing cost me $5.00. You said you have tie wire earlier. If you can still change the screen I would think about it. Give yourself room to work and make scrog experiment less frustrating.

7. Your pics show you are training your plants like I am training mine. Main tops to the corners, upper branches to the center of screen.

8. At least that is my simple plan this time. I am on my first scrog too so I am no expert.

9. Sounds about right! Lmao na it's really easy right now but i think I'm going to transplant them and think of something else.
    Cool thanks for the advice! Well I'm going to take that screen out and see what I can do maybe make the holes wider. I will go check your journal out too!
    How do you keep up? Wow. Anyways yea I'm going to try and see if I can get the holes wider but I didn't like that string I had. So if I can get around this by clipping some wires I am. Thanks for the advice good sir

10. Thanks for the advice guys I will try and get those holes bigger but I'm not using string id rather just take it out and lst them. String is annoying!!!!

11. I was reading and this person on thc talk said not to put a screen in untill flower. I'm still in veg should I remove my screen for now?

12. #112 xolovar, Nov 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2012
    The primary benefit of lst is to spread out the canopy to minimize height and to get light to newly developing branch sites. Scrog's benefit is to keep the canopy level and maximize light coverage.

I think it depends more on the type of plant your growing. Indicas are always fairly short, so lst/top until flower and then scrog to evenly space out the canopy. On the other hand, sativas can get really tall and lanky, so a scrog is great to handle those growth spurts during veg and create a level canopy without topping/fimming/tying/etc. After the first flowers, I top the plant and trim lower branches that do not get light, letting all the energy go into forming bud sites.

Your growing SLH, a sativa. If your not going to scrog during veg, you'll need to top side branches and top the plant around 8-10th node to keep that girl manageable. I base this on the fact you say you're going to still use the wire screen with larger holes, and there isn't a lot of space (sq ft) to do anything larger.

HTH

13. Yeah I've decided i took my screen out and I'm going to make a new one with more spacing. The last one I grew had some crazy stretching! I didn't really look into the strain much but I thought it was going to outgrow my tent. But it finally quit. I got 38 grams off it with a 150 watt hps. I was happy with that because it was my first grow with a real strain & it was really good. Thanks for your input. Very helpful.

14. Nice little scrog you have going, as well. My plants started from the outside and were tied down to grow inward. If my only females had been sativa, I could have grown them to the other side.

15. Hi guys so that screen was way to small to work with I built a bigger one. And transplanted them into bigger pots. I think I am going to let them grow for a few more weeks then switch The timer. Any opinions? Also the one in the back left looks wilted but is pretty healthy looking besides The yellow leaves which I'm pretty sure is because the was root bound.

Attached Files:

16. That looks like it will work fine to me. I think you will enjoy it alot more now.

17. They seem way to small for 50 days old they should be bigger but they only been under the mh for 20. Hmmmm

18. Ford, your girls went through a lot of stress up through day 37. They're showing improvement since day 40 and new growth looks fine. Keep things up and I expect they'll get a growth spurt in the next week or two.

19. Ok cool. Hopefully that's how it works lol.

20. I meant to ask if you've seen signs of sex...you may want to keep an eye out for hermies if they're feminized.