400 watt CFL grow DWC Northern lights.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by mels, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Couldn't resist here an update for you guys on Day 36 including the grows second problem, one of the leaves has slightly browned at the edge, I have diagnosed it as a PH problem and taken the necessary action.

Attached Files:

2. Granted a ph imbalance is quite easy to detect, how did you rule out the lights being too close? as in "burning" the leaf. Also, correct me if i'm wrong but the plant is in the flower stage, looks a bit short, if that is the case why didn't you let it veg a little longer? And lastly what kind of nutes do you use? organic? Thanks a lot man i've already learned a lot from your journal, +rep. Overall looks very healthy though :)

3. Thanks man, no they are vegging for another few weeks until they fill about 70% of the SCROG screen, I could tell it wasn't burning as the very top leaves were not suffering from the browning, thanks for the comments man peace.

4. And for the nutes I'm using IONIC grow and bloom, full on chemicals lol no organic stuff here unfortunately.

5. Bad news guys, It appears at least one of the plants is male, the second is undetermined but it should show tomorrow I will get some pics up soon.

6. i hope to god at least one of them is a girl, theres nothing werse then ending up with all males and being back where you started.

7. any news on that second plant mels?

8. Sorry about my huge delay guys, turns out my first grow attempt was a sausage fest no girlies to be had at all, so here we go again i put them in yesterday one stretched a lot due to my delay in sorting out the lighting.

Attached Files:

9. sorry to hear
    i had a lot of male plants too

good luck with the new ones

10. i'm sorry to hear about your plants being males. That's the worst part of growing from seed (non feminised at least). I love keeping mother plants to stay away from males in the garden. Hopefully this round you'll get some girls to make up for last time.

11. mels,

that's a real bummer :(
    keep at it dude.. and keep sharing with us pls!

good luck this round
    peace

12. That's terrible dude.
    I'll be posted every step of the way this time around.

Best of luck, and Happy Growing.

13. I'll be updating as regularly as before hopefully for a bit longer this time!

Much love

14. How are those seedlings doin?

15. Hey man yeah they are doing great on their second set of leaves will get pics up soon.

16. sorry to hear about your males man, keep up the growing though, luck will come your way! peace!

17. Its day 8 and they are doing fine I'm giving them low strength nutes, never tried this with seedling before but my nutrient manufacturer recommended it and it seems to be fine so far, let me know what you think guys!

Attached Files:

18. Good to see you got over the disappointment of the males and started right back up. I lost three of my four big bud X northern lights seedlings to damping off which is crazy cuz I started 12 seedlings, arjan's haze #3, papaya and a free strain the doc gave me called critically smashed, a month previous and lost only a couple of the C.S. I need to get a camera still lol. I wonder what causes me to be so dam lazy. :rolleyes:

Good luck with those seedlings, keep us posted.

19. looking great mels.. good vibes this time around for some felamles!!

myles.. get a damn camera already! :D

20. dude, you have no idea lol. I haven't posted pics since my hydro grow. I have no excuse really other then I don't know shit bout cameras and don't know which to buy. The camera will be almost exlusively for the plants and I def want to be able to take pics of the trichs. I don't mean to hijack the thread but I can spend up up to 300. If anyone could help me out, I'd really appreciate it. :smoke: