400 watt CFL grow DWC Northern lights.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by mels, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Anyone know if I did this correctly? Or is a new pic needed to tell?

2. Hey man nice looking plants you have there, you should be able to tell if the FIM was a success with the new growth :D, looks like you should be straight though. Yo what medium are you using? I read gravel somewhere and plaster lol?

3. Thanks man! What the medium is is gravel shapes but they are made from plaster, They can retain a bit a water I think, but I've never seen anyone else use it, it came free with my bubble bucket, $40 for the bucket, pump, net pot, medium and all the tubing. I thought that was a pretty good deal.

4. Heres a pic of the medium, as you can see i just snapped it between my thumb and finger, its working great so I might use it again in my next grow.

Attached Files:

5. Oh okay I see now. Yeah I don;t think I've seen anybody use that before. Seems like it works great.

6. I think its worked! pics to follow.

7. nice job with the fimming. I hope it worked perfectly, can't wait for the new pics. The axillary growth should fill the plant out nicely. Your doing a great job, keep it up. :smoke:

8. What do you guys think?

Attached Files:

9. Also guys any ideas on how I should put up the scrog screen? I'm thinking a few screws underneath and above it, if that makes sense? lol

10. it depends, the lower branches will always produce, scatterd shitty buds unless its indoors with lighting underneath blah blah blah, i recomend just using a scrog on top. if you can get the lower braches up to the scrog do that aswell :p

11. I think you missed the point of my post lol, I was just asking how the screen should be mounted, where has already been decided lol.

Peace

12. lmao sry man, not to sure how you should mount your scrog. anyway goodluck!

13. nice lookin grow u got goin. Where did u get those high wattage CFL's

14. I would make a frame with 2X4s and use a staple gun to mount the screen to the frame. Then make four legs at the height you want the frame to be and that should do just fine.

15. Good idea man, I'm gonna hang it on the weekend will take some snaps, but for now heres an update on day 34

Attached Files:

16. can i see new growth where you fimmed already??

17. I believe so, they are growing back quick.

18. Sorry I just discovered this thread but reading through you had a problem on day 16 that you determined was nute based, how did you arrive at that conclusion? Also, did you build a "measurement tube" on the side of your bucket so as to measure the nute/water level? If so how do you keep it algae free?

19. Well I cheated with my buckets, I bought them from my local hydro shop, $40 for a pump and all the tubing etc, It does have a water level indicator at the side which I also use to empty the buckets. I keep I algae free by changing the water weekly and properly cleaning it as I do.

I determined the problem was due to lack of nutes as I had not fed them up until that point, I fed them and the problem resolved.

Thanks for reading through stay tuned I will be updating tomorrow.