400 Watt CFL Continuous Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by s0cks23, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Day 52 for Flash Babylon.

Finally starting to get some bulk and some crystals going so I'm hoping 2-3 weeks tops. Still healthy and looking good. I'm loving this smartpot tho.

Day 30 from seed for the Critical Kush. It really grew since yesterday. Looking really strong and really healthy. I'm transplanting in 7 gallon smart pot this weekend I think. Gonna top soon after the transplant too and then start the SCROG.

Attached Files:

2. Day 55 for flash Babylon

The way it's looking I'm thinking at least 2 more weeks if not more. But still healthy and more trichomes development.

Day 1 of veg for Critical Kush

I took her out of the small starter pot and these roots by far are the thickest I've ever grown. I don't know if its the strain or the use of that RapidStart root nute. But I was so excited I didn't take a picture! Sorry guys! But the transplant was complete. 7 gallon smartpot in 100% pure coco. I'm really excited for this grow. Gonna start the SCROG just as soon as that auto finishes. 3 weeks of veg is the plan and then make the flip. So far very rapid growth on the inside so I'm hoping for a really good yield. Cloning her for sure!

Attached Files:

3. Day 58 flash Babylon.

Home stretch I think. I mixed a gallon of food including some dry KoolBloom so that should get it going then just gonna flush till she's ready in he next 7-10 days hopefully. Getting a little fatter for sure. Good news/bad news about the smart pots is that they work really well. Bad news cause it never really gets pot bound so it kept growing and for fried at the too. Good news is that seeing how well the 1 gallon did for this I can't wait to see the Critical Kush!

Day 4 of Critical Kush

This plant didn't even slow down after transplant and is thriving even more now. I took a lot more care when I prepared the coco with this batch. Soaked it and ph'd it before transplanting and it's going awesome. The inner growth is unreal so far! The screen is gonna fill up really quick I think!

Attached Files:

4. Day 60 Flash Babylon

Im starting flush tomorrow until the end. Getting some milky trichomes but mostly clear still.

Day 6 for Critical Kush

After I took those photos 2 days ago I bent her over to allow all of that ridiculous inner growth a chance to get some light.... I had NO idea it would go this fast! I have tons of room in the pot and I think I'm not going to use the screen but more just LST this one around the entire pot for 3 weeks and then flower. I already counted 12 tops. I'm considering topping all of them in about a week and a half. That way there will be a good week to recover before flower...I don't know. Anyone have any thoughts on that?

Attached Files:

5. I bumped the light to 600 watts since there are now 5 plants in there.

Day 62 for flash Babylon

Started flush today. Shouldn't be much longer now. This will be a slight disappointment harvest wise. I just didn't think it would grow as tall as it did. But it will be a few grams for sure.

Day 8 for Critical Kush

Exploding. The canopy has evened out and the newer growth is developing new growth as well. This plant is growing really fast. Less than 2 weeks left of veg and then the flip to flower

Day 1 from seed for 3 randoms I got from a friend. He actually gave me a bag of about 20 so I'm going to just slowly start popping them. The plan is to actually only let these grow until the Critical Kush goes to flower in 13 days and then see what happens. I hoping for at least 2 of the 3 being female. Last 2 randoms I had turned out male so I'm due! But with such a small pot and not a lot of veg time I want to see what I can produce that way.... Sort of a test run for a potential SOG grow in the future maybe....

Attached Files:

6. #46 morange, Dec 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2012
    Wow the Flash is finally starting to make buds. I think that could just be the strain, and it might take longer to finish, or if it does start ripening now it might be a shoddy phenotype. Those buds look like a photoperiod plant thats been flowering for 3 or 4 weeks. I wouldn't have expected it to get that tall either, from my experience with autoflowers most strains tend to be pretty stout.

Excellent training on the CK, very uniform canopy lots of good branches for colas there, and the lower branches can be cloned.

Seeing those seeds makes me want to try again, I think I figured out what my issue was, I had to take out my duct from my window that I ac through during the summer, the super cold air from the outside was making my veg cab temps too low. Now that I've closed the window with double insulated windows the temps have gone back to optimal 78~ degrees.

I feel like I should definitely germinate some more seeds and try again.

7. Just thought I'd post and say I'm enjoying the updates and the progress.
    I'm obviously not an expert when it comes to growing but I really enjoy checking things like this out.
    Your plants look absolutely amazing by the way. :)

8. See, that's what I was thinking that about the flash Babylon too.... It looks like early flower but now she is frosted up a lot and getting some orange hairs too.

I think you should start some more seeds!! Sounds like you got it figured out so might as well right?? Can't ever have enough weed! Haha

9. Thanks a lot! I know you've been following along for some time now so I really appreciate that! It's definitely the most fun hobby I've ever had! I can't wait to get my new room finished. Ill post some pics of the progress in a little bit. It's gonna allow me to harvest ever few weeks if I do it right! :smoke:

10. Day 23 of flower for Critical Kush and 2 randoms. I've been away for a while so A LOT has changed! My plan with the LST worked way better than I thought it was going to. The canopy is very even and very healthy too. I couldn't be happier with this plant right now. The tops that were created dr the LST have a ton of growth. I really thing this is going to make some big suckers! Already has hairs so should see buds any day now!

Still don't know what the two randoms are. No signs just yet either way.

Attached Files:

11. Nice even canopy you got there, excellent work. The randoms still look like they are establishing themselves, when they start branching outwards they will likely start bloom stage. The plants need to be at a certain stage to bud, regardless if you start 12/12 from seed, so they are probably still vegging.

Hope to see some nice buds soon on the CK!:hello:

Also what size containers are those random seeds in? and are they the final containers?

12. The randoms are in 3"x3" pots. I'm not planning on moving them. I am curious to see how big I can get the buds with small containers.

The CK has filled out even more! It's growing really fast now. Entering week 5 now so I'm not anticipating much more of a stretch period.... Stoked!!

13. Day 29 of flower. Looking really REALLY good in there. I pulled her out to inspect under normal lighting and she is really looking good. No signs of any type of deficiencies or bleaching. I was a little concerned because my last plant got too close and had some bleach spots so I had to turn it down to 400 watts. So far I've been running 600 and its going great! Also I really like the LST method I'm using. I decided to not top her and see how much bigger the top would get if I kept the canopy even. The plant filled out exactly how I wanted it to. The outer ring of tops. Is more developed and they are all all equal in size. When I grew in the SCROG. I had some issues with bud size but so far this is going way better!

Last 3 plants I've had in there all have showed Cal/Mag deficiencies early on and then were corrected but I think I finally got my mix down because all 3 of these plants haven't shown a single deficiency.... So I'm happy about that.

Attached Files:

14. Nice canopy you've got there. I think it's good you're running 600watts this time too, since you aren't throwing that under a screen you will benefit more from the extra penetration through the leaves. Either way she looks healthy and right about to start budding:hello:.

EDIT: GC has a grudge against me or something. I've been trying to +rep your posts for like a month now, and it still says I got to go spread some more around.

15. Day 42 of flower

Sorry it's been so long! Work had been crazy and with the holidays updating has been difficult but its still going strong! The critical kush is looking absolutely amazing! Only about 3 weeks left till harvest. Starting to get some density and fill out really nice. Got some pretty good trichomes going now too so any day that thing is going to be frosting up like crazy! The spacing is really close together so I'm planning for some dense buds! Really shiny leaves too. Overall really happy so far! Can't wait to smoke it!

Attached Files:

16. Day 58

Flush started yesterday. She's packing on weight by the day... Not a real strong smell. I'm wondering if that could be do to low temps. This grow I've had a real struggle keeping night temps high enough. My box is in the garage and this winter has been cold so temps are dipping into 50s. I have lights off when the sun is up and still having issues! Trichomes look amazing, about 70/30 milky/clear. When I touch the buds and smell my fingers it's really good but no strong aroma. Maybe after a few more days of flush she will start smelling stronger. But only a few days left either way!

Attached Files:

17. Looking good so far, I don't know if it's the pictures though, but it looks like it could use a few more weeks instead of a few more days. The pistils haven't receded too much from what I can tell, and the buds haven't tightened up yet. I would attribute a longer growth cycle to the cold temperatures, I'm having the same issue, albeit not as extreme as you (mine gets down to low 60's). My plants are showing crazy purpling from the phosphorous deficiency, it looks like you're are still all green though, must be a hardy strain.

You have similar growth patterns from the pineapple chunk, even without the screen, do you think you'll do another scrog grow or stick with LST?

EDIT: is that 50.1 degrees F? :eek:

18. 50.1 is actually the temp outside of the box. Haha. It was a cheap Walmart thermostat but it came with an outside and inside probe. But you get the idea..... 50 outside with minimal insulation isn't going to be much warmer inside. I think I'm sitting about 58. But like you said.... She's a CHAMP!! No purpling or anything like that. Hasn't been stressed cause there is noticeable change daily and she's still drinking about a gallon a day!

You are right tho about the 'Days' it can probably go 1-2 more weeks. The plan is 10-14 days of flush. That should give her plenty of time to get rid of all the nutrients and time to finish up! I'm going to just keep watching closely. I clipped a popcorn branch last night and it looked really good! The hairs on that branch were starting to show signs of amber and its hard to explain but the whole bud had a almost amber glow. None of the trichomes were amber yet so still looking good!

Thanks for the input... I really appreciate it!

19. Welcome!