40% bigger buds

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by alprazolam, Dec 24, 2007.

1. I've used that trick before and am happy with the result. Haven't seen any negative effect from using it. 2 days is fine, more than 3 in the dark is unnecessary and presumably isn't of any further benefit. I thought it was just hippy lore, but I tracked down the story of the researchers who discovered this, and the research paper that has been lost to time.

Anyway, once the trichs tell me the plant is ready or pretty close, I'll put them in 24h dark for 72h while maintaining the ventilation/oscillating fans to prevent mold and other badness. I guess the theory is that the trichs are defenses against environmental damage to the plant, but they are degraded by the light with each cycle. Leaving them for 3 in the dark means the trichs swell, but the thc doesn't get degraded. Then tomorrow they swell again in anticipation of damage, but again, don't take degradation by light. Same for the third day. I don't recall specifically what the researchers said, but I know it indicated that over 3 days didn't do anything, or at least my impression of what they said leads me to not bother to go over 3.

I haven't done side-by-side tests and probably won't. But for as easy as the "trick" is, and in the absence of any negative effect, I'll keep doing it as part of my regular harvest-time routine forever.

Cheers!

2. Lol:)

3. That isn't even close to 4lbs.  LOL

4. When someone tells you they can get another 40% yield, ask them to actually show you. Your buds grow over like 2-2.5 months to 100%, so 2-3 weeks growth that quick is naturally impossible.

Keep it simple, treat your girls well and they will in turn treat you well. In the same as these other guys. I would feel a bit guilty treating the plants like that. Let them to what they naturally do :)

Come join the revolution!! Australia needs its medicinal cannabis!

IG: 420.Australia

• Like Like x 1