4 Wks Into Flower, Nute Burn Or Def?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by ThinkCreative, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Your plants are still loaded with N. I'd not giv'em anymore nutes, simply start flushing with plain water from here on out till harvest to wash out nutes and clear the root zone for better tasting buds.

I have noticed some of the upper leaves a looking a bit brighter green towards the yellow spectrum almost like a lack of N, but I am pretty sure I'm done with the nutes. By not feeding them, could this reduce yield? Either way I would rather have less better tasting buds than more harsh buds! I am so pumped on this grow!

3. No, I do not believe it will reduce yield. If you only have a couple weeks to go I'd allow the girls to draw from within their own reserves and you'll have a very smooth tasting herb, that is, if you dry and cure properly. Believe it or not, I've heard 68 degrees is best for drying.

4. #24 ThinkCreative, Jun 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2013
  5. I'd check the run-off of the indica strain and make sure it's right, then if the sativa are longer finishers, you might consider giving them a small dose of feed.

6. Yeah I think that's what I am going to do, give them 1/4 the amount with correct ph water and then only water for the last two weeks! Once again, I do appreciate your feedback! I posted on another forum and everyone says it's natural for the plant to start killing off other leaves during this stage but I just think the indicas have much longer still, I am going to look at the trichome color today when they wake up!

7. #27 Fungifan, Jul 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2013

Haha my bad.

8. #28 ThinkCreative, Jul 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2013
    Well here wer are on the start of week 7! Not looking too bad, buds are filling in a lot. Still kind of shocked its not more for a 1000 watt light but not too bad for my first grow. Also, I gave them the last (and first in a while) nutes on Sunday. From here on out only water.

The ones to the right are 2 sativas (front and back) the rest are all the indicas. I also got some close ups of the trichomes, what's interesting is the indicas are much more amber than the sativas and the indicas have a 9-10 week flowering time and look a lot less developed. But the sativas are still clear and barely even milky. Who knows?! I've heard you can't always tell my trichome color, depends on the strain, I did call and confirm the flower time on the indicas so I am going to keep checking them.

Sativas:
    Sativa 1.jpg
    Sativa 2.jpg
    Sativa 3.jpg
    Sativa 4.jpg

Sativas on the right
    Sativa right.jpg

Indicas:
    Indica1.jpg
    Indica 2.jpg
    Indica 3.jpg
    Indica 4.jpg

And all of them!
    whole.jpg

9. Looks like some P def. Usually when you start getting one problem it's from a combination of things not quite right.
    I'd highly recommend going soil-less for your next run.

10. Thanks for the suggestion, definitely when I move into my house in January!

11. Keep in mind - When you have a fuck-up that's when you learn the most.   (someone who has 1/2 dozen 'perfect grows' under their belt learns little to nothing)

12. Couldn't agree more! And I did! Ended harvesting about 3/4 LB from those 6 dry. Not too bad! I clipped the tops and let the lower portions stay in the room for another week and a half.

But unfortunately my newly planted clones seem to be having almost the same issues and I have no idea what's going on again. I swear it's a potassium phosphorus deficiency. Planted these on September 7th from tiny clipping, it's been a month and this is as much as they've grown. Every time a new set of leaves form, the order ones start to die :(

Same conditions of the room, only change is I am now using 5 gallon pots, SVA/SVB nutes @400ppm (this is what the clone place told me they were doing from the clip) and coco soil.

I'll post some pics below

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

13. It looks as though your clones are in rockwool, is that correct? Can you add just a minute amount of distilled water (ph of 7) to the rockwool, just enough to test for run-off (ph)?

14. They've been planted in the pots for a month now and are rooted :( going to test the runoff tonight when I water, been using 6.2-6.4 but maybe I'm too low. I've even been ph'ing my humidifier water lol

15. Just tested the runoff, all are around 6.6-6.8, going to bring it down to about 6.3 over the next few weeks. Hopefully that will help :eek:

16. Have you use any ferts?

17. Just recently as they were progressively getting worst before the nutes. I used 1/4 the strength @ 400ppm

18. If you certain of the ph is right and your meter or pen is working properly, I don't quite understand why the clone appears as they do. Almost look as if they're nute burned?

19. Yeah I agree. Had my tester tested, all good! I flushed them with 5.8ph water and the run off is now sitting right at 6.0 on all three. They look like they're making a come back slowly!