4 Weeks Into Flower check it out

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by hermandamerman, Aug 4, 2010.

1. #1 hermandamerman, Aug 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2010
    these are my two flowering plants. they are 4 weeks into flower. i started flowering on the shorter plant(white rhino) when it was only 13 days old. both started 12/12 at the same time, but the shorter one was started 2 weeks earlier than usual and its first week was only under cfls so it didnt start flowering for the first two weeks. tell me what you think about it.

edit: ok so after thinking about it, the shorty plant has been flowering for only 2 weeks and the tall one has been flowering for 3. they have both been on 12/12 for 4 weeks. sorry for any confusion

Attached Files:

2. Looking good mate! Get some tiger bloom on them for bigger buds

3. thanks. im waiting on my order of big bud and overdrive from advanced nutrients. i use sensigrow a+b and sensibloom a+B for all my plants so i decided to stay with AN. after i fimish my supplies of all these AN products, i will branch out into other brands. thanks for the advice

4. Looking Good!!...:)

5. hey thanks

6. nice plants man. i've heard good things about those Advanced Nutes:)

7. Very nice man... good luck with your grow! Looks like your gonna have a pretty good yield.

8. thanks man. and i recomend them to any first time grower and advanced growers alike. i hear alot of people telling new growers to use Miracle Grow soil with pre added nutes. i highly disagree. thats how i started out and i think its the worst idea out there. MG nutes are not made for canna plants. they arent even remotely close to being canna-specific. plus you dont know if the plants are getting the nutes they need when they need them, and the supposed 3 months of feeding isnt exact. i think its way easier to take soil that has no preadded ammendments, and mix up a good recipe of soil/perlite/sand/vermiculite and then just add the canna-specific nutes. and if you have questions about the use of the nutes, Advanced Nutrients have a phone number that you can call and they will answer all your questions with a knowledgable staff. (1-800-640-9605 is the number) can you call MG and say "hey, my cannabis plant isnt doing well in your soil, can you help me out?"? no you cant. lol and i wouldnt recomend that to any one. as soon as i started using advanced nutrients my plants exploded with life. and the number one problem that new growers have besides the basic newcomer faults, is the fact that they have the "jack and the bean stalk" syndrome. you know where the new grower doesnt know what to expect for growth speed, and so they think that they can just put a seed in some dirt and wake up and there will be buds (dramatization) lol i love those commercials. but you get what i mean. and im not going to say that AN is better than FOX FARMS, but i havnt ever used them and so therefore i can not attest to their validity. oh and how could i forget, all AN products come with a 100% manufacturers guaruntee or founders guarantee. if you are not 100% satisfied, they will refund all money spent on the product. how many things can you buy these days with that kind of deal. not many come to my mind. so i have to say "GO WITH CANNA-SPECIFIC NUTES" wheather its AN or FOX FARMS.

9. thanks for info. i agree with your side of it. i tried mg for a lil bit a while ago and will never go back. i use ffof soil and ff nutes. they work very well for me and i always find good results with them. i do plan to try AN though. im thinking about just ordering some overdrive and seeing the results:) it must be nice to have a company you can call up for advice on marijuana related problems :D

10. haha yea it is. and boy is it nice. and those guys know there stuff too. its not like you call and have an automated machine with lots of different options. you call, they pic up, you ask the question and they know the answer. they dont have to put you on hold or transfer you to a different department. they dont even have to look it up. they know the answer right then and there. i mean every thing. oh and as soon as i try out over drive and big bud, and see how they work, i will let you know how it goes. i really want to try FF, but am pretty much sold on AN. every time i read some one talking trash on them, i have to assume that they havnt really tried them, or that they just didnt follow instructions. lol im leaning towards the later. really it too easy to use AN. i take a gallon of water (which is pretty close to 4 liters) and i add the amount of mils per liter that they recomend and then i put a bubble stone in the jug for about 5 mins and then water. when i called them and asked about pH they said that you should add the nutes and then wait an hour before pH adjustment so that all the molecules have a chance to settle into the water. who would have thought about doing that? not me.

11. yea man if you like what you use then no need for change:p FF is good but not as high tech as AN, they have a really good long list of different nutes for different things. but i would absolutely recommend ff to you if you wanted something else to try out. thanks man that'd be great, any info on overdrive or any others would be helpful :D

12. haha. well i know its a lil too early, but i picked off 5 or 6 internode buds the other day and had my wife try them. im also using bud candy by AN. i wanted to have taste the flavor. she said it was a smooth taste and not harsh at all, but no cotton candy taste yet. but when she sparked it up, it smelled like she had just lit some sugar on fire. she said there wasnt too much of a high either. i have trichomes already, but i guess not enough for a high yet. but that smell of the sugar burning was awsome. lol

13. hey thanks. i think i might too. just dont know how much those colas are gunna grow between now and harvest. they seem a lil smaller than i had expected, but they still have a month to grow

14. sweet deal man! just goes to show what you can get with some TLC ;)
    maybe i should look into the bud candy too haha

15. your ladies are looking spectacular:cool::smoking:

16. mollasses then flush b4:rolleyes:

17. thanks man. i really glad to hear you think that. i have a question though. this is gunna show my newbness lol. but the center colas on the slightly older plant, are only about 2 inches tall. i guess i was thinking that they would grow taller? or is the combined nugs that make the center cola? because i can still see gaps all the way to the stalk. i dont know if that made any sense.

18. yea im already using bud candy so im not going to add any mollasses, but thanks for the info man.

19. ok so plants are still doing fine. i will post a full, in depth grow guide with pics and stats as soon as i harvest and have dry weight measured. so keep an eye out for an awsome grow guide

20. todays updated pics. not that great because i used the better ones for a different post
    and please let me know all and any info wanted in my grow guide because i am going to start writing now. its going to be huge

Attached Files: