4 week veg

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by xMarsMeLo420x, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Because honestly i think im doing everything right.
    My grow room is in my room buy its air right lightproof and is at room temp inside and out all day. Circulation is fine.
    Im worried about the lights. Im pretty sure the cfls are ok but i know they need more light what type could i mix in with the cfls to increase plant stalk leaves and overall growth?

2. Get that out of your head cfls are only good for a couple weeks. Your plant uses light energy for photosynthesis. The more you give it the stronger and faster it will grow. 3rd grade science. My plants are about 4 ft tall and only 2 months old 5 weeks into flower. Where are yours? Now answer your own question.

3. Yea i see mine are only about 10'' and idk 31/2 week veg.

4. Thats what im asking though? What other lights could i add to make then grow more? Hid? Mh? Led? What do you recommend?

5. I dont know all there is to know on led. Early reports were junk but I have heard good things about using them to supplement hps.

6. Message me with detailed info on your grow minus lighting.

7. This is a Reserva Privada OG KUSH that's about 4 weeks old. It was from a freebie seed I got last time I ordered /w Attitude. Gave 1 tsp of grow big and 3 tsp of big bloom about 9 days ago and just watered it /w regular water 2 days ago. 400w HPS; Used CFLs (3x 6000k 23w + 1x 2700k 23W) for the first 2 weeks and been getting massive leafs the last 2 weeks on it. This is a 3 gallon smart pot (10" diameter) FFoF. Notice how the leaves are wider than the 3 gallon pot?

When you consider the costs of your cfl setup (bulbs + fixtures + cords, etc) and compared to the cost of a 400w HPS (it's like 100bucks more than what you spent) this is the difference you can get.

And to be honest, this strain has been growing really slow for me and that's probably because I transplanted from a small pot to a 3 gallon; so it's taking its time to develop a sound root system and that's why the leafs are so big at that height. But again, this option is something that you cannot do using cfl's because there is not enough light to support this kind of growth and therefore you will be transplanting into a slightly bigger one and so on and so fourth.

Attached Files:

8. On a side note, your plants are looking pretty healthy though. You should blow a fan on it so the plant shakes a bit to get some thicker stalks..

If you were to put that on some HPS right now -- In a week, I guarantee you it will double in size if not more. I'm not joking on this.

And it's kind of a big difference isn't it? And this is the slow grower for me because I went from a pot that's slightly bigger than a large solo cup --> to a 3 gal so the growth was slow for a week or so due to transplant shock and plus I transplanted early so that it doesn't root bound prior to transplant.

Maybe I should try superthrive next time to reduce transplant stress...