4 week veg trimmings have any potentcy?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by mannix, Feb 6, 2011.

1. can you make anything worth enjoying using the trimmings of a few plants that are only 4 weeks old? they are getting too bushy and i need to trim them anyways i'm wondering if i can use those trimmings for anything in particular or if the plants are too young for that, thanks.

2. You should not really trim during veg. Definitely not good for the plants. I am one in favor of tucking leaves, and even possibly trimming them to get more light to the bud sites, but I never trim during veg. Those leaves you are going to trim are the solar panels of the plants, and are doing a lot of work during veg. Trimming them will only hurt your grow in the end.

3. i have big leaves buried under even bigger leaves that block the light from them they seem pretty useless right now. what about in that situation? i'm finding its too bushy right now because all the leaves are piled ontop of each other

4. In veg. all the work is being done by the roots and those leaves you want to trim. Take them away, and you are hurting the production power of your plant. Its up to you. Like I said, I am one on the side in favor of trimming when need be, but never during veg. But if you do not believe me (and I don't mean that in a smart ass way, honestly), then go ahead and trim them up. The best way to learn something for yourself is through experience. If you have multiple plants, trim one and not the other and monitor your results at the end of your grow.

But if you do choose to take advice, mine is to not trim during veg.

5. OK to answer the question at hand, Yes you can do something with your 4 week old clippings, You can clone them. If you don't know what cloning is just post back and i will explain it. It will stress the plant for a few days but it will recover. I have taken 90% off of plants before and they recover. granted the plant was older than 4 weeks but point is they want to live. Don't underestimate the will of the plant to live.

as far as what the other guy is saying, that is somewhat true. Try to leave as many fan leaves alone. that is the Solar panels for the plant to charge up.

6. yeah what i did was i trimmed the plants that COULD NOT get light because of being completely covered and i cant LST because the plant is just too full right i feel like its stressing to keep the ones covered alive. but i only trimmed 2 of my plants so i have other that are there to see if it was the right move or not. i really do appreciate your input and i'm taking it very seriously. i kept at least a large portion of fan leaves available so i think it will be perfectly fine.

and 3rdcoastDelta9, so youre saying i can clone this early before they are flowering? do you recommend i do that with my trimmings before i know the sex?

7. The only thing I have to add to that, is you are correct. Pot plants will survive an awful lot. but what I have found in my one year's experience of growing so far, is that there is a big difference between a plant that survives, and one that thrives. I am not shooting for the thriving from start to finish as much as I can.

8. Yep. You could always throw the clones away later, if it turns out to be a male. If you have room for clones and plan on finding mothers, then I would clone everything you grow. Later, you can keep the clones of the plants that turn out to be female and exhibit the traits you are looking for in that strain, and you can toss the clones of the plants that turn out to be males, or females that do not exhibit what you are looking for.

That is my ultimate plan. To clone everything, and in the end, find 4 or 5 mothers of strains that I like best, and grow from them.

9. so i'm wondering, can you force your plants to 12/12 early to sex them and then revert back to veg that way you dont waste time growing possible males?

10. If you already have trim you may as well throw it in a crock pot with something fatty on low overnight. I had a very nicely LST'd male that I figured might as well try something with all that plant matter. Chopped the whole plant up and cooked it with some milk, took about a whole glassful but it definitely got me high even though it was a male.

11. well i'm just turning it into a little bit of hash but whatveer the most potent way is i'm up for it

12. I agree A thriving plant is always better than a surviving plant. Life is always great when you have a healthy plant. Ive had to bring a plant 4 weeks into flower back into veg to save the strain. that was a surviving plant.

13. Sure as long as you label every plant and and every clipping to know where it came from. One mix up and you have a male pollinating all your girls.

you could even, ( by theory ), take cutting, root them, and send one clone from every plant into flower ( in a box or different room ) and you could then see what clones turn into males and then go back to your veg room and pull that plant out then send all your girls into flower.

make sense? :confused:

14. Sounds like you need to tie down your plant, this late into veg LST the main branches.

Also, THC-a doesn't happen till flower, and doesn't turn into THC at all until it degrades (that's what curing is in a nutshell).

So no, veg leaves are compost.

15. Mannix my lad,dry them and smoke them. You should get a nice little buzz.

I hate to say this on my first post on new board,but the advice these guys,excluding 3d Coast, is giving you are pure horse manure. Especially the one claiming that no THC is produced until flowering.

I've been growing weed since the very early 70's. All those highs my friends and I got from early summer trim must have been our imaginations? Yeah,that's the ticket.

Indoors,there is no usable amount of light making to those large bottom fan leaves. Get them out of there and let the plant concentrate it's energy on the leaves that are getting good light.

Outdoors is another matter. Leave them on until they're showing signs of yellowing then. The radiant,penetrating light of the sun makes them useful to the plant well into the summer.

16. besides why would you do all your trimming in flower? its just going to stress the plant out and get a smaller yield. right?

You do realize this thread is over two years old that you replied to lol?

18. hey im high and if i have something to say im gunna