4 vs 6 vs 9 plants under 6oow ... Highest yield?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Magnum420, May 11, 2012.

1. Ok 4-6-9 plants under 600w hps.. Witch is easier to get the most yield from, using the same strain of plants. 4 large plants 6 medium size or 9 small plants?? I'm just trying to get the most of my space and lights thanx. Oh there in ffof soil and 3gal pots rite now I'm running between 12 and 9 plants most give under an oz each....

2. I would do 4 large scrog/lst and fimmed in 5 gallons

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanx for ur input... I briefly know a lil about scrog... I will have to read upon that. Dose it matter that my veg and flowering are done in 2 separate rooms? I think that's where my problem was at the first time I herd about scrog??

4. Clone or seed? Which strain?

5. I only deal with clones, and I was thinking of going with blue dream , purple cotton candy or GDP, not sure yet

6. I think I'm just gonna go with 5 plants.... Maybe 4..... My goal is 10 to 12 oz any ideas?

7. use 5 gallon buckets whatever you do if you want 4+ oz per plant...good luck keep us updated

8. Keep in mind that 9 small-medium plants will take less veg time.

9. 4+oz ? And how long do I veg these ants for or how tall shud I let them get befor I start to flower them?

10. veg them until they're 1/3'rd the size that you can safely fit in your tent. they can double or triple in size when you flip to 12on/12off.

11. usually 3-4 weeks veg from clone...if scrogging or lst they finish around 30" if you start around 20" but thats with a lot of horizontal growth..depending on the strain like obsstar they will also stretch

12. shorter veg more plants longer veg fewer plants!

13. I also think 4 plants with some topping and lst is the way to go....I went with 6 in a 4x4 tent under 600w, and things are tight in there as harvest approaches. Next time I'll be going with 4 and vegging a tad longer. Less plants is less watering, pruning, flushing and maintenance as well.

• Like Like x 1
  14. #14 Numbnutts, May 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2012
    I had eight plants in five gallon buckets that we're under one 600hps I wasn't satisfied with the density of the buds I added another one and they turn out amazing. I'd go with four..

That's a tough one though. Maybe five. If your doing more go in smaller 3 gals so your lights closer keep the canopy nice and even and you'll do great. I'm pretty confident that a six hundred can grow 4 oz plants under a 600. In a five gallon though..this time I did a side by side 3 and 5 gallon buckets with og18 and they're the same size two weeks into flowering..I have a feeling though that the ending will show the three gallon brings a little less

15. I think I'm gonna do 3 in 5gal and 2 in 3gal pots then Make the comparison.