4 Purple urkle 2 Purple Kush Grow Journal (2nd grow)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by dudeodan, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Just planted my clones about an hour ago, not sure when i should turn off the lights, im thinking at 2:30 today, then back on at 6:30 and start my 18h cycle from there, sound good?

400W HID
    4x4x7 tent
    exhausted outdoors through 8inch inline fan ported through a hollowed out window AC unit

intake *inch inline directly from AC to hood, out through ^^

2 cold air intake at the bottom brought in by turbo fans

1 Gallon pots for 1st week in Roots Organic Soil, no Nutrients tell 9/14

Will move to 5 gallon pots when rooted in these well, with fox farm ocean and organic root soil mix, or better to stick with roots all the way through (tad more expensive by 30 bucks)

[​IMG]

My planned scrog setup

[​IMG]
    180 2x3 holes..aprrox 36inch wide by 4 foot long..all homemade from dog kennel,wheels from microwave cart, and sides from babycrib

2. Wrote all that down will def look into all of that, it is my main goal by grow 4 to have it 100%. i was limited to about 250$ for this grow, so couldnt throw to much at new nutes, i did buy the smallest bottles of each incase a switch was needed down the line., and i like to tinker so im sure eventually i will with this.

How often should i be watering these, i added a tad when i planted, and just splash on the very outer of the pots about an hour ago. Some say once in a week for the first week?

3. lookin good week 1 bushed out alot

[​IMG]

4. xplanted 2 days ago...already taking off again...think ill FIM tomorrow or next day

[​IMG]

Not bad for 16 days in pots, i can easily palm a basketball
    [​IMG]

5. no comments makes me sad danny lolol

everything lookin good today, new growth from the runt that yellowed some in the transplant, she's in the middle, 2 purple urkle now are lower than 2 kush and 4 other purple, counted aprrox 22 bud sites from 4 plants, 15 each on runts, letting them run in veg a while longer
    [​IMG]

6. Nice, they're looking nice and healthy. You'll get a bunch more comments when they're flowering. :)

7. few of the fim spots finally showing growth after 10 days, i only did the very top of the plants, first time so didnt wanna do too much, maybe i should do 2 more spots since i have about 10 days to flip over?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. 3l water each last night with 4ml AN grow A and B and 1ml B-52, good drainage again, really bushing out nice, flipping to 12/12 tuesday

[​IMG]

9. I would not top or fim any more if you want to flower so soon. I tried a fim not very long before flower, once and it turned into four little nugs, almost like a mini bouquet. Cute as it was, I think it would have been more beneficial had I waited longer after the fim to put them into flower. If you want the fim to be effective, you want probably at least some inches on each new branch formed by the fim right?

10. Naw i decided not to fim anymore after the length it taken the others to shoot out, still waiting on one why i havnt flipped now lol

thanks for the advice!

11. 9 days into flower got some flowers poppin out, lookin good, none have deficiences i can see, wish i did 5, no room to even reach through them lol. wish i had less pot wtf?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Instead of fim have you ever tried just bending the top over and securing it with a pipe cleaner or bread tie? I do this and it works to make the whole plant bush out.:smoking: Also you still get a large main cola along with many smaller ones.

13. No i sure havnt will look into that, thanks !

14. Do you have the screen on em yet? They should be stretching to fill up the screen if you were gonna continue with that scrog. Also haha you ended up with all six, even though you said you ideally wanted four right? Couldn't bear to put two out? :p They are looking mighty healthy.

15. naw man i gave up on that screen idea, im currently getting a loan from my brother in law.to help after this grow with upgrading everything, im going to take the tent down and scrog individually i think.

I think i jumped the gun thinking i was advanced enough on my second grow to train, and keep them alive at the same time, idda freaked bad if one would of went south, not being able to remove it.

praying everything keeps going like it does! Thanks for the replys

16. Well for your second grow it does seem like you know what you're doing.

Can't wait to see how they look once you go 12/12

17. What a nice set up you have there. I just found your journal and caught up on my reading. This has grown into quite the garden. I can't wait to see the purple blossoms. You know alot of stuff that I don't, can you tell me what fim means? And how did you know when to start flowering? This is a great set up, shows you were thinking about and what was available to work with. NICE JOB !

18. Wow dan they really took off when vegging! They grew a lot in just a few weeks.

Subbed

19. Here ya go GarrillaG this all about FIM http://forum.grasscity.com/plant-training/122559-how-fimming-topping-made-easy.html;)

20. Super cool Marv, I am drinking a cold one and checking out your link thanks Marv.