4 Plants, 2200 Watts, Botanicare Pure Blend Pro Soil

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by jeremysplace, May 4, 2016.

1. #1 jeremysplace, May 4, 2016
    Last edited: May 20, 2016
    Long time, first time. Wanting to share this grow with the community that has helped me a lot through the years. This is a small, personal and recreational setup for a friend at his residence. We kept things super simple, hence the PBP, and also on the cheap with mostly used equipment or hand-me-downs.

We started with a mix of four different strains (green crack, tangie banana, pennywise and cinex) in one gallon plastic pots averaging around 14 inches tall. These were greenhouse grown in an organic amended soil mix at my farm - all were transferred to my friends' residence in excellent health except for the cinex which was suffering from being root bound (I believe). We transferred the girls into five gallon smart pots with a 50/50 (by volume) mix of Perlite and FFOF.

They were then vegged at 24/0 for roughly two weeks. Resevoir was kept around 74 degrees, 600 ppm and 6.5 pH. During this time the four girls were under two 600 watt HPS bulbs from about three feet away with adequate coverage (estimated using cheap light meter). The room maintained temps anywhere from 65 to 80, eventually settling around highs of 78/79 after adding a much needed cooling unit. All were foliar fed at least once per day with a mix of RO and liquid karma.

My friend did not want to hand water so we setup a real basic drip system. It feeds three times per day. Two mintures right as the lights turn on, one during mid light cycle and then one more minute an hour before dark. Usually I'd have it water soil one good drench every day or every other day, but recently read about the benefits of pulse irrigation and am giving it a shot. So far so good with that...

Did some foliage thinning and cleaning before the transition to flower. Also did two RO only waterings, as the ppm run off was a bit higher than expected (although plants were happy and pH was at 6.5 generally).

Now we're in day four of flower after a 24 hour dark period between veg and flower. I'll share more info as we progress. Feel free to ask me anything!

Check out the quick video of the room.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Those are some great looking plants man. ESP for 4. I'm definitely sticking around for the outcome.

3. Hey thanks a lot Green_joy! Really trying to get my friend going with a good, clean first crop. He has admittedly killed all his house plants so far but obviously knows this is different. I'll update as often as I can get to his house.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Found a pic of the girls a few days after moving them into smart pots. Started to stretch them with tape... this was before installing the hanging trellis.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Day 10 of flower update. Buds have been showing the past few days. Having a few issues with stretch on the pennywise but all else appears to be super happy. Quick video of canopy below...

6. Looking good man! How's the smell in there?

7. Thanks dude! So far very minimal, but we will be adding the scrubber soon.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Had to.lower ppms to 600, little too much burn. Day 12 update photos...

Attached Files:

9. Day 15 update photos. Always wanted to try a heavy defoliation during flower. Things were getting a bit crowded so figured why not. Before and after below.

Attached Files:

10. Day 16 update

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Day 23 update. Everything's good except a few signs of some ph issues. Looks like res was sitting around 7.2, not sure for how long. Got it lowered and we'll see.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. Nice set up here bud!
    What ec conversion factor do you use for your ppm. 0.5/0.7?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Thanks! We're using the .7 conversion with blue lab probes. Any thoughts on that?

14. I use a cheap Chinese probe so can't comment on yours but I am always interested in other peoples feeding strengths vs size of the plants and light intensity as they tend to vary from grower to grower and in some cases quite drastically.

Basically I like to compare notes especially since im running ec's that are in the 1.85 region so about 1300ppm which is much higher than normal for me.

15. Gotcha. I've only used blue labs, had decent luck with them. Only issues have been with the known temperamental pH probes.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Took this a couple days ago. Day 29 update. Added two 25w led grow lights and did a leech to get rid of the salt build up (up to 1500 ppms runoff). Little bottom yellowing and necrosis... hoping this will help get the girls back on track, although they still look darn happy. Pic below.

[​IMG]

17. Day 48 update.

[​IMG]