4 Plant Mini-Grow: is 4 lbs attainable

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Sdh777, Apr 18, 2022.

1. Just started a new RDWC grow & I’m shooting for 4 pounds in a small 3 x 4 tent. It’s a lofty goal, but I think I can pull it off if I can run a near-perfect grow in terms of nutes, pH, grooming, temps, roots, airflow, etc…
    They’re 5 weeks from seed and I plan to flip to flower in a week to 10 days. I just gave them a heavy trimming this week and placed the 1st SCROG Net.

Strain: Gorilla Glue
    System: RDWC waterfall system
    Plants: 4
    Tent: 3 x 4
    Lights: 8 x 250w LEDs
    Grow Method: SGROG & Lollipop
    PPMs: 800-1000

I’ll post some update picks in a few weeks…

BAEF49C2-1B97-4D55-AF5B-5570CB80D49D.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  2. I noted @PotStrainsForBackPains earlier claim to 4 ounces per square foot. Given this great number, and your square footage (12 sqft), I would suggest three pounds as the target.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Where did you get the beans at? I just got some gg#4 from ilgm.

4. I’ve used ILGM multiple times as well, but I harvest most of my own feminized seeds in another tent.

• Like Like x 2
  5. I’ve already exceeded 3lbs in that tent, so I’m upping the anti to keep things interesting…

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Yeah just did the quick math would be a little under 5.5oz per square foot. Lofty forsure, do-able? Only one way to find out

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. What kind of lights are you using and how can you get away with so much power? Isn't heat just thru the roof?

8. Credit for that one goes to crazy good genetics, courtesy of Jungle Boys. 2 ounces/square foot works out to 3 pounds a light. As you might guess, that mother plant gets the royal red carpet treatment, she gets anything she wants!

9. What lights are you running? Theres no way your running 166w/sqft.

10. I’m just using basic LEDs. My grow room is in my basement storage room in Colorado, so I cut a hole in the wall and pull cold air into the grow room just using a box fan through a large vent. I also use a water chiller. 43157F5A-9CE2-4DB5-89CC-7940A2C783DF.jpeg AD4C3810-4FAE-4631-8246-DFE7EF105420.jpeg

11. I’m running 8 basic LED lights bought on Amazon. They’re rated at 1000w each, but we know that’s inaccurate. I run lights above and below the canopy in a SCROG.
    80F1B995-63FF-487A-80B0-7EAA74FA4841.png

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Do you run co2?
    Cause I imagine that may be your breaking point between the under 4 and over 4 measure, with everything else being on point.
    Just this guy's 2c.
    Looks good man!!
    Best of luck meeting your goal!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Gonna neeed wayyy more light in there dude

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. So how much light are you actually running?

16. If this is an example of previous efforts with your system you should have no problem with your 4lb target - outstanding work.

17. Do u ever have problems with Hermie's? When I was breading my own feminized seeds I had problems with them turning hermie about 4 weeks into flowering.

18. I had an issue with hermies one time a few years back. I discovered though that the lights were coming on for an hour in the middle of the night that was causing the issue…

19. Thanks for the positive feed back! That picture in flower was from my last grow that yielded 3.3 lbs at 60% RH.
    It’s a 4 plant RDWC System, but I only had 3 plants growing (back right grow bucket is empty), so now I’m adding 1 plant and a few LED lights to hopefully achieve the 4lb goal. I just gave them a heavy trimming in preparation to flip to flower in the next week.

Attached Files:

20. Yes you can, your too far gone though with out major change. 3x4 will be tight and humidity is going to own you.... I hope it's still cold where your at.... Or you are so screwed....