4 plant grow, one 400w HPS light

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Skurr, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Is that good enough for 4 plants? I also have four 5700k CFLs. I plan to use all of the lights for the entire cycle running on 20/4, got some lowryder great white shark, is that bad/good? Im just trying to make sure I have everything down before I start.

2. I usually start with 6 and hope to end up with 3 -4 females under a 400 wattt hps and a few cfls on the side

3. That is plenty of light for those plants.

-C

4. ii its more than enough.

Just get a couple of fans and the normal stuff now an your good to go :)

Hope your in a decent sized space so it doesnt get too hot

D.
    :smoke:

5. Thats the thing Im worried about. Its 3.5x3.5x4.5. No outside ventilation because its in my attic and cant cut a hole in the wall. But it is winter and does get cold so maybe thatll cool it down slightly. Also, Ill just run a fan from the opening to the plants. I always had a blanket in the opening so it didn't get too cold, thats how cold it got lol.

6. It depends on the size of the plants you are planning to grow. IMO if you started flowering around 12-14" you SHOULD be able to finish 4 under a 400w. Honestly I feel 4 is pushing it, scrog might also be a good idea IMO.

7. Growing 4 lowlife great white shark so theyll only grow like 20-25". Whats scrog?

8. 400watts and 4 plants are perfect as long as you do it right.. i have never heard of a 20/4 cycle before ???

9. lowryder/lowlife are autoflower plants you can run them 20/4 their entire life
    ive also heard of 18 and 12 hour for these but imo 20/4 is best

10. I have flowered six under a 400w with no prob, just prune/and manicure.. If ur in an attic an have no temperature control and air exchange, which will degridate quality imensly. Also if u have privicay issues then smell might be one. Good luck let me know. I use a 400w in an armoire grow it is amazing no heat and I grew six the first time and am only doing four now. I get clones, and use a dwc... Which is simply easier and better than soil.