4" In Line Duct Fan for Cooltube...

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by HansMoleman, Mar 24, 2009.

1. I'm looking for a 4" inline duct fan for a cool tube set up and was wondering if this one is any good?

http://www.espenergy.com/4_inline_duct_fan.htm

My original design was 2 computer fans on both sides of the cooltube (one pushing air in, the other pulling it out)...but this isn't working very effectively. I think this is because these fans are not really made to push are through the tube, more just move it. So basically I'm wondering if this fan will have a little more force behind it. Anybody have any experience or advice for me?

2. i have the fan and iit has good airflow (and fairly quiet) .... but since you haven't givent any specs on your grow area i couldn't tell you if this is going to be satisfactory for your grow area.

3. I had a four inch 80 cfm fan hooked up to my 250w cooltube for awhile and it worked decently. I would recommend a 6 inch with 250 cfm though, it works a lot better and only costs ~$5 more.

4. hi mate can i offer you my advice from experences with cooltubes. i wouldnot use it if i were you as the glass that the cool tube stops luminans getting through {makes your light slightly duller}. the cooltubes work best when you are useing co2 so you not sucking all the goodness out the room wilsed cooling you bulb down.
    hope this helpes. but if your still stuck on the idea of useing it 4" fan will work ok for one 600w bulb and 6" for 2 bulbs.