4 day vape pen

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by LowRhythm, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Hey all. Me and the missus are headed to the mile high city for a 4 day getaway. We have all the flower you could ask for where we are, but concentrates are a different story. Since that will be our main attraction so to speak, I'm looking for a pen that can handle heavy use without complications, but that is cheap enough to not feel bad about dropping in the trash can outside the hotel when we leave town. Car charger would be a big plus.

Sorry for my vagueness. I have zero experience with any of these... we use a quartz banger that fits on the bong when we do get concentrates. I was thinking I could order it online ahead of time and have it charged up and ready to roll when we arrive.

2. Anything out there I can throw .5-1.0+ at a time into? Battery life isn't so much of a problem if I can plug into cars usb. From what I've read, the preloaded cartridges are a bit overpriced and underpowered. I'd like the option of burning my assets as fast as I desire with hearty hits.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yocan cerum and any box mod you can throw away the atomizer (where the shatter goes) 20$us and keep the box mod (battery) 50$us then buy a new atomizer (yo can cerum) I'm canadian so $$ are a guess. And also if it's a domestic flight it should not be a big deal to have it. Either way my .2. P.s I use a yocan cerum or a quartz banger

4. Oh and with a good battery you can dab all day with juice left

• Like Like x 1
  5. They make 1 gram disposable vape pens and other amounts. Google it, they are just a black tube you pull on and do not even press the power button on.

6. It's true that cartridges are overpriced(I'm in Oregon not Colorado, but we have a very similar rec program,) but really, all store bought concentrates are overpriced. If you know people there you can get hooked up on the cheap, but in Oregon, grams of concentrate start at $40/g on the low end, and $100+ on the high end for things like The Clear and Live Resin, and I've heard similar prices out of Colorado. From someone outside the system, you can get it for $10-20/g. In Oregon I've seen .5 cartridges range between $20-$40, and full gram cartridges I've seen range between $40-65(the one $65 cartridge I've had was totally worth it) after our 10% tax(not sure how high it is in Colorado.) It's true that they don't produce the same kind of lungbusting hits that a dab rig does, but I know of stores in town here where you can buy a dab rig(glass domed nail included) for $15. I imagine you can find glass that cheap in a city as large as Denver as well. And tbh, I've never found an electric setup(not counting regular dab rigs with an e-nail) that can recreate the hits from a dab rig. If that's the kind of hit you're looking for, I'm sure you can find a rig with a quartz banger like you're used to for $50 or less.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. Thanks for the suggestions guys. I did ponder getting a cheap rig while we were there, but it wouldn't be very practical driving around with doing the regular tourist crap we also want to do.

I'm looking at the yocan one now, that is pretty much what I was after... it's just hard to tell anymore with so many products and paid reviews which one is actually worth a shit.

8. I've personally never been truly satisfied by any attachment made to be used with an ecig mod, and I have used the Yocan(I live half a block from a vape store and I've tried basically everything he's ever bought for dry herb/concentrate.) I'm just convinced it can't be done. I don't know what your budget looks like, but I just dropped $275 on a PAX3. I bought it under the assumption that I'd be impressed with it as a dry herb vape, but unimpressed with the new concentrate chamber. Wow could I have not been more wrong. I think it would work as a daily driver for most people. I'm a heavy vaper and I only have to charge mine about once every 1 and 2/3rds days. I have the original PAX which is much less cusomizable(you control the PAX3 with a phone app that lets you have single degree temp control, 4 settings for different kinds of use to fit different styles.) The 3 vapes dry flower like a beast, and with concentrate it hits easily at least as hard as any cartridge. It's extremely easy to clean. Just gotta run a pipe cleaner dipped in ISO down the air path, wipe down the oven chamber, and give the screen a short alcohol bath. It also comes with a 10 year warranty, and they have a battery recycling program that makes replacement a lot cheaper even if it's been over 10 years. At the end of your trip, just wipe it down and clean it well, and put it in the mail back home, where you'll continue to enjoy it for many years.

9. Also, IRT stealth, I can't say with any certainty that things are the same in Denver, but here, even though use in public is technically illegal, I've never heard of anyone actually getting ticketed for it. I have friends that used to get minor in possession charges once a month in their teens that I've seen walk up to the cops that used to write them up and have conversations while they've been smoking a joint. The cops are happy that the ones that made it aren't living on the street anymore and are only smoking pot. We still have huge homelessness and heroin problems here, but there used to be a lot more childhood homelessness, and a lot of people I grew up with didn't make it. Aside from the fact that the majority of police in these states support rec because it allows them to concentrate on things that matter, they also understand that rec states are trying to build a tourism industry out of it, to attract more people just like you. That's why in most rec states, anyone over 21 from any state can buy there. Don't have to be a resident. We don't want our states to have a reputation as being heavy handed in regard to cannabis tourism. I'm not saying that I think it's smart to light up in front of a cop(I don't.) But I've also noticed that people from non rec states definitely seem to be worried about it as if the police in these states are trying to shut it down, as they are in certain other states. That hasn't been my experience at all. Since rec passed, I haven't heard of anyone getting ticketed for possession here(though I'm sure it's happened. I don't know everyone, and not all cops are the same.) They're mostly worried about things like growers going over limit, unsafe extraction labs, and stores that aren't following the rules. They're not so worried about the guy smoking a bowl(or torching a dab.) Hopefully you have a concert or two booked on your trip. When it comes to concerts in rec states, they pretty much let people do what they want. You're actually more likely to get called out for smoking a cigarette in the wrong area. We have a sold out Snoop Dogg show here on the 15th. Trying to stop people from smoking at that would be impossible.

10. I too will recommend a Yocan product, but the Evolve Plus. You can find it under $40 and that included the mod and the atomizer. And the dual quartz rods are capable of very big hits. It even has a built in container in the bottom to carry extra wax. One caveat on that though, don't put anything in there if you're charging it because it gets really hot and you can actually melt what's in the storage container.

You can pick it up online for under $40. And if you have some time to wait you order it from China for about $24.

11. I tried one of these the other day, and for $120, it seems like a good middle ground. And you can throw away the coils when you're done, boil the glass piece, and mail/take it home with you. It's bigger than a pen, but way smaller/more discreet than a dab rig.
    Boost eRig

12. I too say yocan, I picked one up for $40, battery lasts about 3-4 days of pretty heavy use. I think it would be perfect for what you're looking for.