1. Win a $250 shopping spree at Grasscity.com! To enter subscribe to our youtube channel.
    Dismiss Notice

4 Day Old Plants - Leaf Edges Curling Up - Should I be worried?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by karnival8, Jan 26, 2009.

1. #1 karnival8, Jan 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2009
    Problem: Leaf edges (sides) are curling up slightly, noticing a very small amount of yellowing on a few plants. Leaf ridges are very pronounced on newer growth on all plants.

Situation:
    My clones have been in the system for 4 days now. Clones were rooted and healthy when they went in, and for the most part, still appear healthy but are not growing.

This is a 54 site hydro drip system with 6" grodan. Lights are up high for right now, 1000w at about 42". Lights on 24 hours.

Nutrient feed occurs for 15 minutes 2 times a day (down from 4) pH at about 5.8 ppm at about 650-700. Using GH, and added Rizotonic. pH about 5.8 in rockwool. Flushed the cubes with nutrient in leiu of one feeding. Meter is calibrated. (It took me a while to get the pH just right, so there is more pH up and down in there than usual, could that be it) Water temp is unknown at this moment but assumed to be around 60deg f.

Initial humidity was about 60%, now is down to about 50%. Temp around 74 deg f but has been fluctuating some times by as much as 10 deg. Room air replaced every 5 minutes. Circulating fans on low setting.

When I obtained the clones, there were about 6 clones in one 4" rockwool cube, They sustained some root damage when they were separated to go into the system. I am wondering if this would cause this symptom.

Any ideas?
    R

2. well if clones only rooted 4 days ago, maybe you should try cutting back a bit.

ALSO, since our already using GH, you may want to check out the "Lucas Formula", which is a different way of applying GH as nutrients to your reservoir. do some research on it and try it maybe.

I just did a grow with it, and it went absolutely fucking amazing. and its much easier than playing the guessing game with ur hydro system and your nutrient feeding schedule.

3. clones were obtained 4 days ago and put into the system. they were rooted well when i got them.

4. sounds like nute burn. also you can move your light closer. i would put it about 2-2 1/2 feet away from top. put your hand next to your buds, if your hand doesnt start to burn or get too hot, then your plants won't either

Grasscity Deals Near You