4 all the MG haters!!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Gman58, Apr 17, 2018.

1. This grow journal has been started to chart my progress with the use of Miracle Grow Potting Soil. Many people have shunned me for my use of the product. Said I was killing the eco-system, all the while they were using a device that implements lithium batteries. smdh... lol
    I will answer all the questions I can for those whom choose to follow the progress. Please don't be rude or condescending with comments, and I will always follow suit. Any recommendations throughout the process would be much appreciated, as I will never claim to know it all. If anyone has a better or more efficient way of completing the task, please speak up.
    So! this is for the haters, I love you all!!

"Hate can not drive out hate, only love can do that."
    -Martin Luther King, Jr.

2. why..?

3. The main goal of this is to prove Miracle Grow potting soil as a cheap and reasonable alternative to expensive organic soil and nute systems, contrary to the popularly held belief that MG will cause issues with the grow. I know this for a fact to be untrue, as I have used it to success on several occasions. I will now chart the progress of one such plant.
    I have a 3 plant grow rotation. each plant averages 90-100 days seed-to-bud. I plant one, and harvest one every 30 days. roughly.

My equipment:
    Vivosun-48"x24"x60" grow tent
    (2) 1000 watt led full spectrum lights
    Cloud9 6" inline fan and carbon filter
    (3) small clip-on fans (1 for plant in vegetative, 2 for plant in flower)
    Miracle Grow Potting Soil (food for 6 months, time release fert)
    generic potting soil (cheapest you can find)
    Perlite
    5 gallon pots
    small pots for seedlings

Germination- I likely germinate the same way many still do, wet paper towels in a CD jewel. I leave it there until its about an inch long. this is the easiest step, and I kinda already did it when i decided to do this journal so ill just skip to the next part.

• Like Like x 1
  4. First seedling picture

Attached Files:

5. So MG soil blended with perlite and cheap soil? Just tap water and no other nutes? I'll sub up.

• Like Like x 1
  6. lets start with the soil... LOL! I mix my MG 1:1 with a regular cheap potting soil. I pick as much of the "chunk" out of it as I can. No large pieces of wood or plant material wanted, just dirt and small bits of stuff. pretty much, get all the twigs out. mix it together well.
    then add a good bit of perlite, you want about a quarter to a third of your soil to be perlite. I use a soil ratio that is light on MG at the seedling stage just to go easy on it at the start. this will change when we step up, don't worry.
    stick your finger about an inch into the middle slide the little lady in (end of root pointed down) the dirt, LOOSELY COVER with dirt. do not pack it down, nothing good will happen.
    Lightly saturate entire cup or small pot with water. As long as its an Auto-flowering strain, you can slide it in right next to your other plants. Then leave it alone for 5 days, just lightly misting it once per day. now we're all up to the point you see above.

7. bottled water, but yes just that blend.

• Like Like x 1
  8. 1 week into flowering I give them bonemeal tea to get the phosphorus and a few other nutes back up to reasonable levels.
    but nothing during seedling and vegetative

9. I’ll follow along as well

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. that's awesome. I hope to make many friends along the way!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hey slow down, Let’s just stick to the grow man.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Lol jk

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. haha! I was being facetious, nobody is going to appreciate what I show them here. they will see with their own eyes that it works. They will hate me for it. They will claim their way is still better, which it probably is. But my way does the exact same thing theirs does, they might get an extra ounce or two out of it but is it worth all that extra time and effort when I can get the same quality at a lower quantity, for half the work and 25% the cost.

14. Yeah time n $ are a good thing to save but, I don’t see any jars of buds posted. How did your last harvest with this method turn out?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. I'm following but my recommendation is talk more about the grow and less what you think people will think, let your results do the talking.

16. consistent 2-3 ounces, sometimes more, sometimes less. harvest every 30 days, about. perfect setup for personal use.

17. If you're happy with MG why do you give a rats what anyone else thinks?

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Opening our eyes to what could b squirk

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. I don't really. But I think that this is an underutilized tool for people just getting into growing their own. Someone on this site suggested that I start a grow journal to document for others how easy and cheap it is to get 2 or 3 ounces out of a plant.

20. Makes sense. I'm an old dog, but willing to learn new tricks CBD.

• Like Like x 1