4-5 month indoor veg questions and questions.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by empireboy15, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Im planning on vegging indoors for 4-5 months then transferring them outside. Im looking to get them about 4-5 feet tall before moving them outside. I believe this to be the proper amount of time, opinions? Im also wondering on pot size im thinking 15-25, opinions? Im ALSO wondering about spacing for these, id like to use 600 watters to save on heat issues and expense, opinions? Id love to veg 50 of these and am wondering how many of these 4-5ft plants i could have under a 600 watter and if that would even be enough to penetrate 4-5 ft of plant.

:rolleyes:

2. #2 Jellyman, Sep 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2012
    How long it'll take to get that size depends on many factors like strain, lighting and growing techniques.

Five gallon buckets last for at least three months and I've seen some growers use them for as long as four. Ten gallon containers can work well for 5mo. with a little room to spare if near to ideal shape. The shape of the containers will impact what volume your plants will need. Pot plants typically grow best in pots that are about 1.5 times as tall as they are wide. Try to use pots that are 2' deep when the plants will stay in for five months. Smaller pots can be used if you root prune during the vegging time.

A new 600w HID can support at least four feet of strong vertical growth. You'd need at least six of them for fifty plants, maybe more since they'll be so big. Three 1000w's covering 4x4 grids should be good for the size containers & plants you'll be working with. It'll ultimately depend on the diameter of the pots you use and the final diameter of the plants.

3. Are you trying to grow giant plants. Uses 1000 watt ballest and start 3-4 months prior to planting time normal set. Also good soil prep and the proper admedment can make wonders for the garden.

4. Thanks for the info guys. Giant plants? no just a tree. :D

5. I think im going to be using 10 gallon pots; thanks for the suggestion jellyman. Il be using a soil recipe i recieved from tom hill; so it will be top notch. I will also be using several different strains. Running the lights at 18/6. Does anyone else have any advice?