(4) 200 watt CFL grow light setup compared to 400 watt HPS ...help...!!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by zoomatl, Oct 28, 2006.

1. Need some help setting up lights ...im planning on getting (2) 200 watt red spectrum and (2) 200 watt blue spectrum compact fluorescent grow lights ....all 4 bulbs are gonna rum me about 250 bucks....i want to complete my grow box by seperating it into a flower side and a veg clone side ...my question is do i mix the red and blue in each side or do i put both blues on the veg side and both reds on the flower side....i wanted to go hid hps / mh but i cant seem to get around the 4-5 hundred dollar mark with the light reflector and quality inline duct fan....any sudgestions and or comments welcome.....:hello:

2. this is also using a stealth hydro bubble ponic sytem as a starter sytsem... (2) 105 cfm fans are also installed at the top back of the grow box to push out warm air ....plus there are (2) 4x11 inch passive air :hello: intake vents at the bottom front of the grow box....

3. Try htgsupply-dot-com, they have a 400w MH/HPS air coolable kit for $250.

For lighting, if you stick with CFLs I think you should put the blues together in veg and reds in the flower chamber. If you were talking two HIDs in each chamber I would be inclined to mix the spectrums in each, but the CFLs will have lower light penetration as distance increases, so for those I would want to get as much coverage of the needed spectrum as possible.

4. And remember to keep the cfl's as close as possible without destroying it. You might get a few burnt tips, but that ok, its worth it.

5. :wave: I have the bulbs right on top of them but they are really short and bushy ...i have 6 plants in my bubbleponic...:wave: im trying to get them large enough so i can take about 6 clones from each plant.
    I have checked out the web sites including ebay...looking for a low priced air coolable 400 watt hps/mh with an inline duct fan. i am trying to find a descent reflector with 6 inch flanges for the ducting and at least a 265 cfm inline duct fan that will pull cool air from outside the grow box over the bulb and out the othe side of the grow box.
    i want the best deal i can get which set up from which site do you reccomend...?

6. www.wormsway.com or www.insidesun.com the second has some of the cheepest lightsystems i've seen it is where i got my 400 watt hps with hortilux buld upgrade for around 150 dollars

7. I am looking for the air coolable hood with 6 inch flanges on both ends so i can pull cool air from outside my grow box over the bulb and back out the grow box...or i have also been considering a cool tube ...its just hard to tell what kind of hoods they are...the pics arent that great .
    Im growing in a 4x4x4 box right now but am looking into the grow chambers i have seen online...the ones that are like tents 4'x4x'7'feet tall.