Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

4/20 rule question

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by -X-, Jan 28, 2010.

1. So I've been smoking around a half-O every week (between me and my room-mate) and I no longer get high like I used to. So searching on the internet I came across the 4/20 rule (4 days no smoking weed at all followed by 20 days constant burning). And yesterday was my first day in probably 3 years I didn't smoke at all. So is it normal for me to not be able to sleep the first night? I ask because last night I got absolutely zero sleep and I don't know why.

Also, after my 4 days not smoking should I start with small amounts or just go back to the norm?

All help is greatly appreciated xD

2. 4 days is not a very long time to go without smoking and it's really not going to affect your tolerance much at all really. Your tolerance is most likely pretty high if you are smoking that much per week. I've honestly never smoked that much in a week in the years I've been smoking and it still takes longer than 4 days for my tolerance to be noticeably lowered.

I don't doubt that you're having sleep problem. In all that time, you've probably trained your body and mind to be in a certain state and now you are breaking the cycle. Just fight off the urge to smoke and deal with it for a bit and the issue should subside.

3. hahaah the dry stoner insomnia. Whenever me or my friends go without smoking that day/night where in for a long night. Its more mental thn anything, like the guy above me stated about your mind is used to being in a certain state. Never heard of the 4/20 rule...prolly came about just becasue of the 420 numbers involved. I smoke everyday but if i miss a day and hold out till the next night i deff feel higher. My tolerance goes down alot after just 2 days of not smoking. but everyones body is a lil diff. As for the amount just keep tokn till you feel good

4. I beg to differ. I was smoking 2-3 times daily for about 2 months straight (daily for at least a year before) and I quit for 5 days, and now I'm getting much more high than I did before I took that little break. It's just enough to be content though; the high is nothing like taking multiple weeks off. Just a little refresher really.

5. yea, dont worry bout the sleep, happens to everyone. and man, T-breaks suck, but Ive heard they can do good, Ive never had one, I still get high semi-normally, until Im wasting my weed, Im not going to take one. But if your not gettin as high as u should, then u should probably stop for about a week or two, whatever you wana try to handle. The longer the better though, PEACe

6. After the first two days of not smoking I hardly notice any bad side effects, like not being able to sleep that well.

The break is well worth it for the highs you get after you're done.

7. yea i've been in your situation, not being able to get sleep. the first night drink, and get sleepy. then all the nights from then on it's important to excersize ALOT so when you hit your bed your are out in a second. also if none of that works try some benadryl. (just don't mix with alcohol :eek:)

other than that you will be happy to take a t-break. and i don't care how much you people commenting on here smoke, 4 days without the herb is not that much, if you can barely stand it well then that tells you something. try not smkoing for a couple weeks and use all the money you would have bought herb with for brownies. at the end of the 2 weeks those brownies will be BOMB!

8. I also came across the 4/20 rule. I'm fighting through one of my first t-breaks, and am on my fourth day (today's thursday, I haven't smoked since sunday). I've been smoking daily for a year or two. When kush doesnt floor me anymore I knew it was time for a break.

Do I really need to go longer? My original plan was to just stop smoking Monday-Thursday night, and then smoke all weekend.

Can I slowly lower my tolerance this way or do I have to do a couple weeks off first and THEN give it up during school week to maintain that low tolerance?

BTW this is my first post... hello grasscity!

9. Are u insane? I might sound like a addict on this one but 4 days is a immense amount of time and a huge tolerance break if your daily routine has marijuana involved and i;m not talking about dime baggers and pinner smokers. I'm talking about a true seasoned toker someone who smokes on a constant basis like myself.

I've gone 2 days without smoking and the high I felt (depends on the strain) is largely and more prolonged then the last couple times I smoked before a T-break.

So to the OP try it out it works and Marijuana has no withdrawals maybe to someone who has been smoking it for 15 years. so the insomnia is all in ur head mate.

10. Yea i already posted this but seems like some people dont think 2 days is long enough tolerance break to notice a difference if you smoke everyday than i disagree, i deff tell the difference. Agreeing with the mans post above me

11. :rolleyes: You don't have to smoke constantly to be consider a "seasoned toker".

But you're right, the more you smoke, the more you'll feel a difference in your tolerance in a short period of time. The fact still remains that 4 days is really not that long to go without smoking and if you're going to go 4 days you might as go at least a week, 4 days is far from what I would consider an "immense" amount of time or even a "huge" tolerance break. It's really the smallest tolerance break a person could take.

12. I recently stopped smoking everyday as my News Year's Resolution, and i probably haven't had a good night sleep, un-intoxicated, since last year. So i'm guessing consistent smoking will result in some type of insomnia in people after such long use.

13. your crazy man........ just bump up to an Ozer every four days :) ......... but id also agree you probably would get freakin ripped if you didnt smoke for four days........ good luck.......

14. absolutely normal
    when I took a two and a half t-break the first few nights i got no sleep at all

15. i realize that this is going to sound totally fiendish, but in the words of jim morrison, "I believe in a long prolonged derangement of the senses to attain the unknown.". That being said, drink yourself to sleep for a few night in a row and after that, pull yourself together and either start smoking again, or focus on what made you stop smoking and look towards that for help.

super gone off of some mediclubbud, so sorry if that didn't really make sense.

--Its all about self control within the context of being intoxicated.

16. If you smoke everyday for years, four days will be a long time without ANY form of cannabis whatsoever. Maybe that's nothing for you, but than again, that's just you. Just because that's your opinion, doesn't necessarily make it the right one.
    :smoke:

I took a two day break, and even then i noticed some considerable differences.

17. I have and I do.
    But I think that taking a tolerance break is healthy as hell. I think that we are just feeding the propaganda monster when we struggle to take a week or so off from smoking. It really shouldn't be difficult to take a week off from smoking, and if it is, you might want to reevaluate some aspects of your life. Weed should only be a part of our lives, it shouldn't control it.

18. Stop smoking for two years.

19. I can never sleep when I want to without bud, but that's what Nyquil's for. When you're dry, go OTC.

20. haha I was just thinking of this.I googled something and this thread came up. I want to take a break because my high doesn't last anymore. Been about 6 years of smoking usually daily.