Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

4/20 big deal?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by neon213, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Before you read this please understand I am not an anti drug troll or a troll period, I have been active here for a couple years now, and this is in no way meant to put anyone down and out just my thoughts…. So bare with me.
    As we all know Monday is 4/20 and we all know what that means! When I was in high school I was always excited to get extra baked, but I am 20 now I will be 21 in July. I have been smoking for 5 years now and I guess you can say I am burnt out but I think of it as more of I just got tired of it. But anyways what is really so special about 4/20? I mean im just thinking if I have smoked everyday for the last year what makes another day so special to quote jeezy “same shit new day”. is it just because it is popular? Or what? Really what this post is for is to ask my fellow members really deep down whats the reason you “celebrate” 4/20?

2. I think 4/20 is just a day that you know everyone is going to smoke way more than they would in a normal day. It's like the new years eve of smoking. Usually I only smoke once a day and its later at night, but on 4/20 I'm going to be baked from the moment I wake up to the moment I go to sleep. I guess some people already smoke like that but I know at least for me i'm going to smoke way more than necessary for the entire day.

3. yeah i think it's just for the stoners to sort of get together and get baked. i normally smoke once a day too-usually at night after i finish class and shit but usually on 4/20 i blaze constantly all day
    and it's just fun...i can walk around campus or go to a friend's house and there will constantly be people smoking so you can try new pieces and strains

this year sort of sucks though i won't be able to celebrate 4/20 :(

4. well if you smoke everyday I do not guess it means anything to you. But for lots of people especially younger, when it is hard to get a bag. And you have to sneak around your parents and stuff. They save up stash for weeks and make a plan with all of their friends to go get super baked that day, and watch half baked or cheech and chong. Or I guess Harold and Kuman nowadays. It is tons of fun, but I do not think anyone too old celebrates it much at all.

5. That probably true, that there an inverse relationship between the attetention paid to 4/20 and the age of the smoker. Personally I love 4/20 because you just know that this is the one day all year that pot smokers have that others don't. I smoke everyday multiple times per day but I plan to overdo it on monday in celebration. Plus the strains and the pipes as mentioned above. My buddies are having a comp to see who can come up with the best bud this monday

6. well in B.C ( vancouver specifically ) we all go to the art gallery and blaze together.
    i dont just mean like me and my buddies . like EVERYONE. you could only imagine.

thousands of stoners smoking up blunts while cops watch.
    theres nothing the cops can do about it cuz if they try to arrest sumone everyone pulls them back into the crowd.

its basically legal on 4/20 for us

7. How bout you celebrate it as a day you honor all the good marijuana can bring you with your closest friends.

8. A special day where everyone, even those that don't smoke as often as others can get a guaranteed high. Its could be the day that some will smoke for the last time, and some of my homies are making it there last day because we are all graduating soon and some are joining the military. To me its one day out of the year i no ill get high no matter what.
    Theres no reason to get high 420, but its one of the first ever pot smoking traditions that will be with us to stay for a long long time. So stop complaining and just enjoy it.:smoke:

9. hahah fuck yea im with ya bro :smoke::smoke::hello:

10. Its just the one day of the year people look forward to because they know there gonna get extra baked and some people I know im one of them cant afford good bud all the time but about a month before 420 I always start saving up and buy some good bud. In my opion its kinda like cracking open a 67 bordeaux on your twentieth wedding anniversary its a special occasion that comes around once a year so make it a memorable one I know I always do.:smoke:

11. there are holidays for all great things, 420 is just to celebrate weed. im gona smoke all my keif and roll a giant blunt

12. 420 seems like a good idea to me

sometimes i do alot of things, sometimes I do alittle, pretty happy either way ;)

13. i celebrate it cuz i know im gonna blaze like 30 L's that day

14. YES. As an everyday smoker, 420 is just another day. It's cool that there are events and rallies for the more mature smokers to attend, and thats the most fun!

Is anyone else going to the High Times party?

15. I think it's just a fun excuse to get even higher than usual :p