4 100w led or 600w hps?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Antm91, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Running 2 600w hps in flower room at the min thinking of pulling one out and putting 4 100w leds in each corner and keep the hps in the middle.. would this be a good idea to keep the quality/yields? I’ve read somwhere that led gets better gpw but never growing with led and with that many different brands im a bit sceptical

2. Leds vary so much that without knowing what leds it's impossible to tell. Are you talking one 100 watt in each corner? Any link to the light?
    You would probably do better keeping both 600s

3. 100W COB Led Grow Lights - Full Spectrum by PRAKASA Led Grow Lights | growlightsled.co.uk
    Been looking at these as they seem reasonable price also looking at the mars hydro cre cob 100w but they like over double the price as ones in link, wouldn’t mind paying it if worth the money. And yes 4 of them or some similar in each corner keeping one hps in the middle with a parabolic on it.. been hearing good things about the leds but didn’t want to jump straight in

4. Use LEDs when penetration isn't a concern. If you've got trees, then LEDs are only good for side lighting and HID is the way to go to get that light way down.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I’ve been very impressed with my 315 cmh/lec lights. I’ve been blending them with HPS/ traditional MH ( veg mostly) they offer deep red light past the par range that I believe has some subtle effects on color potency etc.

6. These are under the mix of both. Had finishing 10 k bulbs in for the blue photos.

Attached Files:

7. What about LEDS with optic on them?

8. Optic LED lights might be a good option for your situation. They cost a bit more than the light you linked to, but they are far cheaper than most other lights of a similar quality. They've been the second-best-selling lights in our store ever since we started carrying them.

The Optic 1 has a single COB that runs at 54 watts, the Optic 1 XL is a single COB running at 100 watts, and the Optic 2 has two COBs surrounded by 5 watt diodes for an extra boost during bloom (total watts at full power=205). All 3 would work in your grow room. Just depends how much extra output you want/need.

9. Double posted and couldn't delete it, so I changed it to this....

10. Quantum boards on the perimeter and HPS in the middle. That would be a killer setup. I’m still researching, but planning a build with combination of quantum boards, cob LEDs, and far red initiators, this winter

11. Depends entirely on the LED.

12. Yeah.... no. Good COBs by Citi (CLU058-1825), Bridgelux (Vero-29C), Luminus (XM-22) or Cree (CXB-3590), yeah, maybe. But not the blurple junk.

If you want to replace a 600 HPS with LED, go Quantum boards at 400-450W or Samsung F-series strips at 450W. Or any of the above COBs (8 at 50-60 watts each)