4 100W Equivalent Cfl Rosetta Stone Closet Grow (First Grow)

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Indicapacitated, May 26, 2013.

1. I don't think two more weeks would hurt. anyone else have an opinion.

2. okay, but youre going to have to lollipop.

3. lollipop?

4. You want to start topping main cola(s) to promote branching. This will stress your plants for about a week, then growth will explode from the bottom branches and middle branches that have more energy due to the fact that the dominant cola is healing itself. Give it a week or two after it has healed so you see real branching take place. After that, just trim all the leaves closest to the main stem, and remove the bottom branches that are not growing well. Magic happens 

5. more like a couple days. i would sugges topping too. instead of apical dominance, youll have terminal dominance (if you top correctly). after you top, veg for another week (or so)

6. so just top the top of the plant, let it heal for about a week and a half and then flip?

7. #27 b.real, May 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2013
    sure..i pull ~28 grams from each plant i run, 12/12 from seed. i think your lights will be the bottleneck. it takes 3 weeks to get pistils anyway. i also top and it fixes itself during the stretch, i dont even give it time to heal. i literally top the day before week 3 (the stretch), and she starts to stretch and grow into her terminal form. look at my blackout kush journal.

8. you still don't think that will be enough light?

9. you have 138 watts, and the plants are already big. i would top and then switch to 12/12 asap.

10. I topped them before going to bed last night. gonna see how they look in a week

11. sounds good. you cut the entire top off right? if you fim (or top at the wrong spot), the auxins will get stuck up top and not distribute to the terminal sights as they should.

12. do I chop it down to the next set of nodes?

13. #33 b.real, May 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2013
    yeah. the entire top should be removed. the two little branches/leaves just under the cut, in the crotches between the next set of nodes and the main stalk will become the two new heads. make sure not to damage those.

14. So the plants are looking a little droopy today, I'm thinking because of the topping?

15. just got home from work and the girls are all still looking pretty droopy, is this from the stress from topping them or could they need water or something?

16. mine never really drooped from it. you need to provide a clear picture of the issue. if its that theyre thirsty, thats a good easy fix. you can literally watch them stand up in 5 mins.

if its over watering, its more difficult because roots could be rotting and therefore not working properly

17. #38 Indicapacitated, May 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2013
    posted the pics three times lol

Attached Files:

18. #39 Indicapacitated, May 29, 2013
    posted the pics three times lol

19. #40 b.real, May 29, 2013
    water! soak the pot just till it drips, then stop. what soil is that that stayed that nice?