4 100W Equivalent Cfl Rosetta Stone Closet Grow (First Grow)

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Indicapacitated, May 26, 2013.

1. #1 Indicapacitated, May 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2013
    I've spent the last few days putting together my grow box and last night we put the final touches on it and she was ready for plants.
    image (1).jpeg

Today we threw her in the closet and went to the dispensary and got 3 Rosetta Stone clones. These clones are pretty far along compared the others they had. I asked how long the had been veging but the guy wasn't sure. I was hoping someone on here could give me an estimate?
    image.jpeg

Day 1 height: 1- 10 1/2"
                           2- 101/2"
                           3- 9 1/2"
    room temp is at 72 and humidity is at 44%

I was also wondering how much longer you guys think they should stay in these pots before I put them in their final pots?

2. #2 Indicapacitated, May 26, 2013
    Not sure why the pics are so huge and sideways. ill try to figure it out..

Edit: figured out the size. Still don't know why they're sideways though.

3. I would move those CFL's or plants closer as long as the lights are not burning the plant they will grow quicker.

4. just moved the plants directly under the lights, I don't think the should burn the plants as long as they aren't practically touching them, right?

5. #5 b.real, May 26, 2013
    hey man, awesome setup and plants. keep us updated! how many watts you running for bloom? if youre running that, i would just switch them to 12/12 now and bloom for 10-12 weeks.

6. I was planning on veging them for a couple more weeks, then switch from 24/0 to 12/12 and run 4 100W equivalent soft whites (2700k) im running 4 100W daylights right now (5000k)

7. I have quite a bit of vertical space. the box is 5 ft tall

8. #8 b.real, May 26, 2013
    whats the real wattage on those bulbs? about 20? they grew the plants that big? how long did it take? 3-4 weeks?

9. yeah its about 20, something like 23. they didn't grow the plants that big. I bought these clones yesterday from the dispensary.

10. Just did some transplanting. went to water the girls this morning and noticed the roots we visible through the slits in the bottom of the pot.

11. #11 b.real, May 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2013
    damn..i want to see the power of fluors. if youre running 4 20 watt cfls, i would switch to 12/12 asap.

12. whys that?

13. #13 b.real, May 27, 2013
    you typically want at least 50 watts per plant

than again i run 4 plants under one 150 watt light. i have two small veggers and 2 flowering big girls at a time.

14. these were the strongest bulbs I could find. where would I find stronger bulbs?

15. #15 BrassNwood, May 27, 2013
    Store clones are usually about 4 inches tall and come in a 1 inch rock wool cube with a few roots showing from the cube and cost 15 bucks..
    larger plants in the 6 inch range are considered teenagers come in a 4 inch cube and cost 25 dollars and are somewhat rare..
    Your 10 inch plants are around 3 weeks or more I'd guess
    I run 8 @ 23/100watt CFL 6500k in my grow boxes overhead and keep the plant tops about 1 inch below the lamps.. usually means adjusting the plant heights every 24 hours as the plants will put on over 1/2 inch a day
    I use fox farms ocean forest soil.. transplant about 10 to 14 day intervals into a slightly larger pot each time.. to large a pot to soon leads to over watering.. I water by lifting the pots at least while small enough.. light pot needs a drink..
    I run 100 CFM of exhaust fan to keep things cool with the 200 watts of CFLs in a 18x18x36 inch box
    I run more of the small lamps as being better coverage and more cost effective.. you can find the 23/100 watts at the dollar store for about a buck each.. just look close at the box.. most have a color chart someplace on them.. 6500k daylight for veg.. 2700k soft white for flower..
    just my 2 cents..

16. #16 b.real, May 27, 2013
    just add two more bulbs. one to each side.

brassnwood, do you flower in that fluor room? if so, how many plants are blooming in there? how long do you veg for? what yield do you look usually look at per plant?

17. #17 Indicapacitated, May 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2013
    added 2 23 watt soft whites just now, hung 2 of the existing daylights over the plants and put one soft white on both sides. so now im running 6 lights.
    photo.JPG

18. #18 b.real, May 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2013
    okay. now that you have extra energy id say switch to 12/12 in a week. im REALLY eager to see this grow as i want to right fluors. the plants will double their size after going through the stretch.

19. you don't think that's a little early to flip to flower?

20. cfls dont penetrate well, so its not good to have tall plants when using them.

hids are too fucking hot, but they produce a lot more lumens than a fluor.

a 125 watt cfl is 7k lumens while a 150 watt hid is 15k lumens. lumen is how birght something is, comapred to one candle light.

fluors do produce a higher quality light though. i think it may do the plant wonders. you should top now if you havent, veg for the week and flip. you could always run new plants after.