4 1/2 Weeks Into Flowering

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by unusual, Mar 16, 2012.

1. How much water should I feed each plant, they are in 15litre airpots. I'm currently using bio bizz grow, bloom, top max & bloombastic. I currently give them about a 1litre or 1 1/2 litres. Is this to much or to little.

image-1826959463.jpg

image-2210949581.jpg

image-2147881980.jpg

image-341336451.jpg

2. I use the same pots. I water and or feed till I have about 25%-30% of it as run off. With regular pots all the run off will come out of the bottom but with air pots it also comes out of the sides so I just use a little more water and or nute mix and increase the run off amount a little bit more then compaired to a regular pot. Regular pots about 20% run off. By having a certain amount of it as run off it helps reduce salts that build up in the soil.

3. [quote name='"tplat"']I use the same pots. I water and or feed till I have about 25%-30% of it as run off. With regular pots all the run off will come out of the bottom but with air pots it also comes out of the sides so I just use a little more water and or nute mix and increase the run off amount a little bit more then compaired to a regular pot. Regular pots about 20% run off. By having a certain amount of it as run off it helps reduce salts that build up in the soil.[/quote]

Guy in the Shop say they would increase my yield. Do you notice a big difference to normal 15l pots

4. I dont know about them increasing yield although I have got some good yielding plants in them. I was told that they help keep plants from getting rootbound. Also just noticed that you said their 4 1/2 weeks into flowering so you do need to give them more then 1.5 liters. When producing buds they can go through alot of water and or nute mix. I use the same size and when I water or feed I use 1 gallon which is about 4 liters I think.

5. [quote name='"unusual"']How much water should I feed each plant, they are in 15litre airpots. I'm currently using bio bizz grow, bloom, top max & bloombastic. I currently give them about a 1litre or 1 1/2 litres. Is this to much or to little.

[/quote]

IMO I would just water till when you add new water it comes out super fast from the drainage holes. That way you know everything is wet lol

6. Also I'm currently running a 400w hps but thinking of upgrading to the 600w. Should this help With faster bud development

7. [quote name='"unusual"']Also I'm currently running a 400w hps but thinking of upgrading to the 600w. Should this help With faster bud development[/quote] no just give you a bigger area of light coverage and better/bigger growth. Might help the veg cycle go a bit faster.

8. Some more pics. So should a 400 have any problems managing these. There are 5 in 15l airpots, got real bushy so had to trim to let the light get through.

image-2670844155.jpg

image-12827359.jpg

9. If I remember correctly the minimun watts of light reccomended for each plant when using HID lighting is like 80 watts per plant but the more the better. 600 watt digitial ballast are the most efficient digital ballasts when it comes to watts of electricity used per lumen of light generated. If you can handle the increased heat I would go for it. I`ve used 1000 watts of light on 5 plants before.

10. So is there a major difference in heat between the 400 & 600

11. Heat generated will be increased, if its a major difference I dont know. I never ran a 400 watt set up for flowering. Maybe someone else who knows will jump in.

12. Well got the 600 now and 1st night heat increased from what used to be 28-29c to 29.9-31c. Need to try and sort this out.