4.0 or SNY?

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by FatBak, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Hello ladies and gentlefolk,

Okay, so I know I don't post on this forum too much but I'm here for your expertise on a high end glass question. Or shall I say questions? Any who, what is your opinion on the quality and general performance on these two brands? I have a wild hair to finally buy a percolator bong and I want to make sure I make a good educated decision on what to buy. Considering most of my friends are bums and just smoke out of standard pipes (I use the term bums loosely).

Since there are no good head shops in my area I'm forced to buy online. I would go to *** to browse over all of the different types of pieces but for the time being I can't get onto their site. So It's up between grasscity and chicoglass. I thought I had my heart set on a SNY full sized showercap bong for the price of $450, but the more I looked around I found some sick ass 4.0 glass on grasscity that is around 100-200 bucks off. If I should get the 4.0 glass do you think I should get the 12 arm tree perc or the double showerhead option? I noticed the 12 arm tree perc is about 20 dollars more so I'm guessing that one is better. But, I'm thinking the arms might be more fragile than the others.

Thanks for reading my long ass post and sharing your knowledge with me. Have a good one, Thanks.

2. Oh, I forgot to add this. I purchased a super nice wildrok beaker bottom on here and I'm in love with it. That's why I kind of want to take it up a notch and get something more high end. Because I was so I'm pressed with the glass they have nowadays.

3. lol its SYN

4. Haha, thanks bro. It shows you how much experience I have with these brands. Oh well, not worth remaking a new thread. Hopefully someone will have pity on my lack of pipe knowledge and bring me to the light.

5. idk man don't think about it in terms of the brands.

one is a double chambered bong, the other is a single chambered stemless implosion (water goes up through the slits) perc.

depends on whatever you're looking for in your next bong

6. the syn is gonna have a lighter, airy pull, but will remain very smooth and there's a little bit of flavor retention with the dry chamber it has. the 4.0 on the other hand is a very different piece, it will have more noticeable drag but a smoother overall hit. the showerhead hits airier and the tree perc is gonna chug and agitate the water more. both spectacular pieces. i'm in the market for a single chamber in the *somewhat* near future so i'd be looking at the syn which i hit in a dispensary, it hits very nice.

7. Ahh okay, I understand then in terms of one is not really better than the other. Just both are similar but different. So this might be a better question considering I'll never get the chance to try one without buying it first, which style percolator style would you choose if you could only pick one? The showercap then I'd take it?

8. SYN > 4.0

get the showerhead

9. Get the syn bro. Just do it.

10. You know what, after reviewing all of the different percs and considering your recommendations I am going with the SYN showercap pipe. I thought it would be that easy but now that I narrowed it down to just which style of label I wanted I just seen that there are at least two different models. One where the bowl is off to the side of the pipe and one where its right in the middle and the mouthpiece is off to the side. Any opinions on what the pro's and con's are of these differing styles are? Thanks for the help guys.

11. I really wish I received more hits and advice from this thread. I guess the thread name doesn't really help, But I don't want to clog up the forum. Damn it, maybe next time I'll label the thread a little bit catchier. Thanks to everyone who has contributed so far though, you guys rock.

12. The ones with the mouthpiece in the center of the tube are bongs; the ones with the mouthpiece as an "addition" that's on the side and the bowl goes in the top/middle, are bubblers.

13. syn all the way...inverted showerhead is unreal

14. I can't believe all these people saying syn over 4.0. 4.0 is much higher quality, you get what you pay for.

15. I was thinking the same thing lol.

16. 4.0 is much higher quality glass than SYN without a doubt. Not saying SYN isn't high-quality, just not as good as 4.0 glass,

17. Yea I must I agree with above posts. I have always understood 4.0 a better company than SYN. I know I personally like their designs much better. Syn makes some great stuff too and it really also depends on what you prefer in a bong

18. Syn are daily drivers and 4.0 are collector peices.