3x3x3 sog from clones CFL advice

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Cjw_5, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Hi everyone I am currently rooting some clones for a grow using sog method under 10 100w equivalent 5000k cfl bulbs.
    I was planning 9-12 plants does that sound OK for my space? I was told a solo cup is large enough for the sog method but it sounds awfully small to me. Is one light per plant enough being they are in such compact area? I don't have the height or money at the moment for LED.

2. Im just a prospective student here. I would use larger pots like 6in or atleast some 2 liters.
    If you do end up using solo cups (which is totably doable just not reccomended) you can probably do like ~18 plants in 2 sq ft
    You probably have ~130 actual watts from those bulbs. (need about 50w per sq ft) 5000k or 6500k is used for vegging cause of the blue spectrum (I think) I HIGHLY RECCOMEND ADDING MORE THAN SOME 2700K (red spectrum) You got about 3 sq feet of okay light coverage two of great coverage. You gonna want to mylar everything or paint it flat white to maximize your light use.
    With sog you will be doing minimal flowering and ive seen an indica reccomended but sativas work. In those solo cups dont veg, bad idea. Go straight 12/12. Also you will water a lot with solo cups.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. You'd be okay for 9 plants in 3x3 with 230-260 actual watt. Probably yield 80-100 grams, gotta use the 2700k bulbs for flowering tho and use 1 gal square pots.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. I plan to switch bulbs to 2700k, what do you think about milk jugs? Maybe 9-12plants veg for 2-3 weeks with 20 hours daylight under 12-14 23w 100w equivalent cfls so 270-320 watts then flower under 2700k same wattage I will have

5. I have added adjust wall so I can make may box as tight as possible and then expand and spread as needed. Do you think I would yield 3 oz doing that

6. Then more the better if I could get 4 every 60 days that would great

7. Yeah milk jug is fine just make sure to add drainage holes . Yeah try and keep lights as close without burning to keep tight node spacing tight. You'll get 3oz for sure and an oz of shitty nugs and sugar trim

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum